Can't register

I can’t register a user for the forum. That is, I registered a password yesterday, but it still did not come. I also just posted something, but it is not showing up in the forum (Curious about DreamHost, the only section where a user id is not needed.) Please forgive me for repeating myself if it id in fact go through. Any ideas regarding what I should do to get become a registered user?

[quote]I also just posted something, but it is not showing up in the forum
(Curious about DreamHost, the only section where a user id is not
needed.)

[/quote]

For what it’s worth, this message showed up. :>

Are you still having problems? If so, email me at jeff@dreamhost.com with your name and username, and I’ll get back to you. My guess is that there may have been a typo in the email address you provided.

• Jeff @ DreamHost
  • DH Discussion Forum Admin

Jeff,

I think that I did not mistype my email address, because when I tried to register a different username for the same address, I got the following message:

"We encountered a problem. The reason reported was:

We already have an account for that email address. "

and I also e-mailed this morning (Wed, May 7) about it.

Anna

I meant to say that I e-mailed you.

Hi Anna -

I received your message from yesterday (which I replied to), as well as your follow-up from today (which I also replied to).

It looks like your address WAS typed in correctly, however - is it possible that for some reason email from our servers is being filtered out?

If you don’t receive my messages, please email me again from a different email account (ie. a Hotmail account). We’ll then figure out what to do from there.

Sorry about the confusion!

• Jeff @ DreamHost
  • DH Discussion Forum Admin