Can't recieve emails

I get the following messege when I try to recieve emails from my the dreamhost email server. I can send emails, but can’t recieve them, please help.

Unable to logon to the server using Secure Password Authentication. Account: ‘mail.kc-photos.com’, Server: ‘mail.kc-photos.com’, Protocol: POP3, Server Response: ‘-ERR Invalid command.’, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

somebody please help me with this. I have not been able to get this to work for nearly a year. I’m about to move my site to another hosting company that acutally has tech support.

I don’t believe DH supports secure password authentication for incoming messages. Just try and log into your server normally.

Have you actually put one ticket into support? and what was the reply?

-Matttail

I’m trying to use outlook to send and recieve messages and I can’t get it to work. I was able to send, but now I can’t even do that. I’m so confused now, it’s not even funny, you need 6 different passwords to just get around the DH stie, so I don’t really know what the username and passord I should use is. Do I use the same thing I use to get on the webmail? Sorry, but I’m frustraited, here, I’m not a web designer, I think I picked the wrong company to host my site, I don’t use DH to near it’s ability and they don’t really help, they assume I know how to do everything. I put in a ticket a long time ago and there responce did not help, so I just foward everything to yahoo, but that gets old.

Here is a page on setting up Outlook Express to use POP3.

http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/Outlook_Express

:cool: Perl / MySQL / HTML+CSS

Thanks, but I just keep getting a login screen that will not take any username/password combination I can think of.

can you go into the panel and check your mailbox users and reset any passwords so you know you are putting in the right info.

It really shouldn’t be so hard, so something might be screwy with your account. Put in a support ticket about this, if you haven’t already.

Try this:

https://panel.dreamhost.com/kbase/index.cgi?area=664

[quote]I just keep getting a login screen that will not take
any username/password combination I can think of.

[/quote]

The most likely cause IME is that your giving it the email address username rather than the mailbox login user name - very reasonable, except on the DH system the two are sometimes different. To find the login user name, locate your email address on Panel, Mail, Manage Addresses, and look at the associated Login field.