Can't install FFMpeg

apps

Hello,
After spending 2 days trying diferent ways to install ffmpeg,from diferent sources, I ask for some help.

After following Dreamhost wiki on ffmpeg, running the follow command:

[hawks]$ ./configure --prefix=$HOME --enable-cross-compile --enable-shared

I get this error:

Unable to create and execute files in /tmp. Set the TMPDIR environment
variable to another directory and make sure that it is not mounted noexec.
Sanity test failed.

If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
version from SVN. If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
ffmpeg-user@mplayerhq.hu mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net.
Include the log file “config.err” produced by configure as this will help
solving the problem.

After following Dreamhost wiki on Php-ffmpeg –

I get here, running the command in shell “phpize” and I get the error:
"Cannot find autoconf. Please check your autoconf installation and the $PHP_AUTOCONF
environment variable is set correctly and then rerun this script.

Any kind of help will be helpfull, I’m not very familiar with these languages :slight_smile:

export TMPDIR=$HOME/tmp mkdir -p $TMPDIR
Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

Thanks for the help,

I have installed the first ffmpeg succesfully (I think)

Trying now php-ffmpeg. I need it for a youtube clone.
Running:

wget http://superb-west.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/ffmpeg-php/ffmpeg-php-0.5.0.tbz2

bunzip2 ffmpeg-php-0.5.0.tbz2; tar xvf ffmpeg-php-0.5.0.tar

cd ~/ffmpeg/ffmpeg-php-0.5.0 - no such file or directory

so I have used:

[hawks]$ cd ffmpeg-php-0.5.0
[hawks]$ phpize
Configuring for:
PHP Api Version: 20020918
Zend Module Api No: 20020429
Zend Extension Api No: 20050606
Cannot find autoconf. Please check your autoconf installation and the $PHP_AUTOCONF

[hawks]$ ./configure
-bash: ./configure: No such file or directory

[hawks]$ make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

so I’m blocked again, also need to know if I will need to change anything in my custom php.ini? I have added extension=ffmpeg.so , but ffmpeg its not working yet.

The script i’m running for the “youtube clone” is giving me this error when trying to add a video:

Warning: dl() [function.dl]: Unable to load dynamic library ‘./ffmpeg.so’ - ./ffmpeg.so: cannot dynamically load executable in /home/user/site.com/admin/upload.php on line 55
Can’t load extension /usr/local/php5/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/ffmpeg.so

Thanks again for help,
Adrian

I usually decide on an extensions directory then add directives at the top of a php.ini

eg.[extensions] extension_dir=$HOME/extensions extension=pdf.so extension=ffmpeg.so[color=#CC0000]Note:[/color] extension_dir may already be set lower down in the ini. If so, delete it.

First of all I have found that if I get this error, I need to install AUTOCONF.

"Cannot find autoconf. Please check your autoconf installation and the $PHP_AUTOCONF

So I have downloaded autoconf-2.64.tar.gz and runned the following commands:

1. gunzip autoconf-2.64.tar.gz
  2. tar -xvf autoconf-2.64.tar
  3. cd autoconf 2.64
  4. ./configure
  5. make
  6. make install

/usr/bin/install -c autom4te autoconf autoheader autoreconf ifnames autoscan autoupdate ‘/usr/local/bin’
/usr/bin/install: cannot create regular file /usr/local/bin/autom4te': Permission denied /usr/bin/install: cannot create regular file/usr/local/bin/autoconf’: Permission denied
/usr/bin/install: cannot create regular file /usr/local/bin/autoheader': Permission denied /usr/bin/install: cannot create regular file/usr/local/bin/autoreconf’: Permission denied
/usr/bin/install: cannot create regular file /usr/local/bin/ifnames': Permission denied /usr/bin/install: cannot create regular file/usr/local/bin/autoscan’: Permission denied
/usr/bin/install: cannot create regular file /usr/local/bin/autoupdate': Permission denied make[3]: *** [install-binSCRIPTS] Error 1 make[3]: Leaving directory/home/hot_vagina/autoconf-2.64/bin’
make[2]: *** [install-am] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory /home/hot_vagina/autoconf-2.64/bin' make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory/home/hot_vagina/autoconf-2.64’
make: *** [install] Error 2

I have read some peoples saying that you need to be SuperUser, to have root access in order to install it.
I’m on Dreamhost shared, and got limited priviledges, that means I can’t install it?
Should I contact Dreamhost in order to get it installed?

[quote]I have read some peoples saying that you need to be SuperUser, to have root access in order to install it.
I’m on Dreamhost shared, and got limited priviledges, that means I can’t install it?[/quote]
Depends on what why you need root access. Obviously if you are going to install it for the entire system you need root… otherwise if you just want your own installation just tell it where to put it :slight_smile:

1. ./configure --prefix=$HOME

Customer since 2000 :cool: openvein.org

ok, so I have used your command at 4.:
./configure --prefix=$HOME

All good !
So now I have installed autoconf?!

Going back to ffmpeg-php running phpize I get the same error:

Configuring for:
PHP Api Version: 20020918
Zend Module Api No: 20020429
Zend Extension Api No: 20050606
Cannot find autoconf. Please check your autoconf installation and the $PHP_AUTOCONF

Please help me by saying step by step what commands I need to run, as I’m not familiar with this language.

Thanks all

If you’re just going back in and trying to make ffmpeg-php on top of what you’ve already compiled, don’t forget to set any custom PATH variables you used when installing PHP to begin with.

I give up, the problem its over my knowledge.

I’m asking someone who can help me resolve this problem, someone trusted (I will ask for proof), maybe someone from DH staff.

I’m willing to pay a small fee, if I will also get a tutorial step by step with all the commands I will need to write in the shell because I need ffmpeg for more domains using the same script, and I want to know how to do it myself.
Final objective: get the “youtube clone” script running by installing ffmpeg.

For someone with experience its a 5-15 min job.

If you are interested send an e-mail to: moneygamester (at) gmail (dot) com with your level of knowledge, how to get in touch with you and how much are you asking for this job.

Thanks