Can't have "www" in front of domain name [RESOLVED

I just registered with DreamHost yesterday. My nameservers have taken effect already so that domain.com does point to my DreamHost space. However, if I go to www.domain.com instead, it doesn not work:

The requested URL /forum/install/install.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Any ideas?

It is possible that your DNS information is still propagating. I have seen similar things here, that eventually went away when the DNS info had fully propagated.

However, it might be wise to check that your domain is configured correctly. In the panel go to Domains -> Manage Domains, then click Edit for the relevant domain. You can then verify that the “How do you like the www in your URL?” option is configured correctly.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

Now I’m trying to access my site at school, and both names work. So I think you’re right about the propagating process takes some more time… Thanks a lot.