Arrgh. I seem to recall that I ran into this once in the past, but can't recall how it got fixed, or find a forum post with a solution.
1) Installed some forum software within my web space.
2) Registered a new domain name elsewhere.
3) Domain name uses Dreamhost DNS servers.
I thought that the various settings were right, but instead of opening the web site, I get a semi-error page: stratatalk.ca is almost here! Upload your website to get started.
- the website initially lived at mydomain/vanilla/
- I have since copied it one level up to the top level into a new folder stratatalk.ca
I've added the new domain name in the Control panel at Dreamhost, and have set:
Web directory: /home/username/stratatalk.ca
Which is exactly how two other domains are configured.
I can't for the life of me figure out what I've missed.
All I want to do is type "stratatalk.ca" into my browser and have it open up the forum software in a specific folder.