Can't even contact support!

Hi Guys,

I can’t even contact support anymore, I’ve been on one of the many servers which seems to be having serious downtime at the moment (including that 13hr unannounced outage last weekend!) and I can’t even use the trouble ticket system anymore! It just keeps forwarding me back to the first support page!

Anyone else having this kind of problem?

No. Which server are you on? I do not remember a 13 hour unannounced outage last weekend.

Norm

Opinions are my own views, not DreamHosts’.
I am NOT a DreamHost employee OK!! :@

You act on my advice at your own risk!

[quote]I can’t even use the trouble ticket system anymore! It just keeps forwarding me back to the first support page!

Anyone else having this kind of problem?[/quote]
Are you by any chance using FireFox 3? There is a known issue with FireFox3 that causes that - and the “workaround” is to use a different browser for that section of the web panel.

You can also contact support at http://dreamhost.com/contact.cgi

–rlparker

FWIW, it’s certainly the case that I’ve been able to submit tickets fine using Firefox 2.0.x.x, IE7, and Safari for Windows.

Use the [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color] promo code for 3 extra lifetime domains and $50 off
More Dreamhost coupons here!

I´m using firefox 3 beta 4 and I can´t submit a ticket either. I have to use Internet Explorer.

Decio.

Use promo code US97OFF to get maximum discounts!
Use o código de promoção US97OFF para descontos de até US50!

It amazes me that while firefox has become very popular, it just keeps on getting buggier and buggier.

www.opera.com/download

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

Any idea of whether this is a result of a bug in Firefox 3 or Dreamhost? Or is it a result of a “fix” to a Firefox 2 non-compliance?

Ah, the complexities of web programming. :slight_smile:

Use the [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color] promo code for 3 extra lifetime domains and $50 off
More Dreamhost coupons here!

I have discovered with respect to a separate issue that I encountered a while back that there is a Firefox bug relating to submitting forms. It seems that if DH’s support form uses the form.submit() method rather than using the default form submission logic, things might go wrong. Of course, that particular bug report has languished, and was filed against the 2.0 line in any event, but I have experienced exactly that problem in Firefox 3.

Whether that’s what’s happening with Dreamhost or not, I have no idea. But the panel seems to have a lot of javascript going on, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they are trying to use form.submit() on that last step. If that is what’s going on, then I think it would definitely be a Firefox bug.

But yay for wild speculation! :slight_smile:

I have no idea!

–rlparker