Can't Create Database

Would anyone here know why I would see “No Privileges” under “Create New Database” in phpMyAdmin? I created my main database for my site a long time ago and had no problem, but I just noticed this recently. I have only one user and one logon that I have been using for almost two years now.

Any thoughts as to what may have changed?

Thanks - Charlie

I beleive it is because the databases are on a shared server. New databases can be created in your user control panel.
Silk

Thank you. Maybe it hasn’t changed, it’s just been a long time and I didn’t remember seeing that message in phpMyAdmin before. I just wanted to make sure I still could create a new one if needed.

Thanks for the quick reply!

To the best of my knowledge, you have never been able to create a database with phpMyAdmin. You must use the control panel, and you are restricted to one database per domain (or subdomain).

Simon Jessey
Keystone Websites (business site) | si-blog (personal site with affiliate links)

Thanks for the response. I realized afterward that I must have forgotten creating my first db that way - it’s been that long! But as for only having one db per domain, this is the first I’ve heard of it. All I know is that dh boasts unlimited db’s in every plan (see link below) and that wouldn’t seem to make sense if you could only have one domain.

http://www.dreamhost.com/shared/comparison.html

Thanks again - Charlie

[quote]“you are restricted to one database per domain (or subdomain)”

All I know is that dh boasts unlimited db’s in every plan[/quote]
I didn’t put that very well, did I? You are restricted to one database per hostname (e.g. mysql.domain.com), but not limited to the number of hostnames you can have (although they must be unique).

Simon Jessey
Keystone Websites (business site) | si-blog (personal site with affiliate links)

OK, thanks for the clarification, that makes sense now. I’m a little slow off the start as I really don’t work with this very much. I created my site learning as I went a year or two ago and it’s been pretty trouble free ever since. :slight_smile:

Thanks again!