Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket

I am a new dreamhost user, and though I have felt that DH is a much better service compared to my other host whom I am having for 2 years, here are a couple of problems that I’m facing.

Sometimes, my websites with dreamhost do not load at all. Means, when I try to enter those sites, things become extremely long, and at the end of several minutes, I get a ‘page not found’ page.

Secondly, what’s happening more often is that I get a page written “Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2)”

Anyway to solve these issues or anyone knows why this is happening?

Thanks friends.

PS. On googling I found that this happens due to “Too many connections” … well this can not come from my sites, as all my sites in DH are less than a month old, so I guess it has something to do with the shared hosting. How do you guys do in such situations? Also wondering if anyone is having expereince with DH’s dedicated server?

Thanks again.

& now this is the second time I’m having this ‘Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket’ problem … is it happening that frequently with DH server ???

Update: For the second time, it is 40 minutes now that I am having the same problem …

Web’s ultimate debate center - www.SharpDebate.com

you might want to submit a support ticket for that. see the bottom of https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi?tree=support.msg&

[+]brickballs