Can't connect to DH Status


#1

Not that they’re broken, but the tubes between me seem to be. I was having trouble earlier getting to the Panel, and a handful of various non-DH sites. Any ideas on what’s broken?

1 192.168.1.1 (192.168.1.1) 1.493 ms 1.086 ms 1.072 ms
2 10.106.192.1 (10.106.192.1) 7.259 ms 6.353 ms 5.950 ms
3 static.unknown.charter.com (96.34.96.180) 6.098 ms 7.864 ms 5.921 ms
4 static.unknown.charter.com (96.34.100.1) 11.719 ms 10.304 ms 10.142 ms
5 te-3-2.car1.LasVegas1.Level3.net (4.71.176.25) 17.149 ms 18.294 ms 15.394 ms
6 ae-4-4.ebr1.LosAngeles1.Level3.net (4.69.133.110) 25.663 ms 20.836 ms 32.910 ms
7 ae-71-71.csw2.LosAngeles1.Level3.net (4.69.137.6) 30.061 ms 21.051 ms 32.906 ms
8 ae-73-73.ebr3.LosAngeles1.Level3.net (4.69.137.37) 34.093 ms 22.799 ms 31.404 ms
9 ae-2.ebr3.SanJose1.Level3.net (4.69.132.9) 33.503 ms 35.987 ms 35.962 ms
10 ae-83-83.csw3.SanJose1.Level3.net (4.69.134.234) 39.624 ms 35.657 ms 36.040 ms
11 ae-82-82.ebr2.SanJose1.Level3.net (4.69.134.217) 34.647 ms 35.990 ms 36.227 ms
12 ae-1-6.bar2.SanFrancisco1.Level3.net (4.69.140.153) 30.991 ms 31.408 ms 30.138 ms
13 ae-4-4.car2.SanFrancisco1.Level3.net (4.69.133.157) 31.969 ms 32.288 ms 31.515 ms
14 SERVEPATH.car2.SanFrancisco1.Level3.net (4.53.130.18) 32.117 ms 32.282 ms 31.669 ms
15 vl23.access5.sfo2.servepath.com (208.96.31.70) 24.890 ms 24.267 ms 23.460 ms
16 * * *
17 * * 208.96.10.214.servepath.com (208.96.10.214) 24.030 ms

-Scott


#2

It’s better now, but now I’m having a very similar issue getting to lite.piclens.com, which seems to be at the same CoLo.

traceroute to lite.piclens.com (208.113.79.37), 64 hops max, 40 byte packets
1 10.106.192.1 (10.106.192.1) 6.447 ms 5.847 ms 5.827 ms
2 static.unknown.charter.com (96.34.96.180) 6.157 ms 7.612 ms 6.343 ms
3 static.unknown.charter.com (96.34.100.1) 10.027 ms 9.846 ms 10.077 ms
4 te-3-2.car1.LasVegas1.Level3.net (4.71.176.25) 15.122 ms 15.602 ms 16.010 ms
5 ae-4-4.ebr1.LosAngeles1.Level3.net (4.69.133.110) 31.173 ms 19.968 ms 20.037 ms
6 ae-71-71.csw2.LosAngeles1.Level3.net (4.69.137.6) 22.305 ms 25.337 ms 21.732 ms
7 ae-73-73.ebr3.LosAngeles1.Level3.net (4.69.137.37) 20.418 ms ae-83-83.ebr3.LosAngeles1.Level3.net (4.69.137.41) 32.919 ms 25.505 ms
8 ae-2.ebr3.SanJose1.Level3.net (4.69.132.9) 35.293 ms 35.848 ms 36.073 ms
9 ae-93-93.csw4.SanJose1.Level3.net (4.69.134.238) 30.671 ms 28.924 ms 33.206 ms
10 ae-92-92.ebr2.SanJose1.Level3.net (4.69.134.221) 30.084 ms 29.287 ms 33.157 ms
11 ae-1-6.bar2.SanFrancisco1.Level3.net (4.69.140.153) 29.578 ms 29.645 ms 30.100 ms
12 ae-4-4.car2.SanFrancisco1.Level3.net (4.69.133.157) 29.908 ms 29.931 ms 30.141 ms
13 SERVEPATH.car2.SanFrancisco1.Level3.net (4.53.130.18) 29.893 ms 30.158 ms 29.757 ms
14 vl23.access13.sfo2.servepath.com (208.96.31.78) 23.677 ms 24.236 ms 23.944 ms
15 * * *
16 * * *
17 * * 208.113.79.37.servepath.com (208.113.79.37) 24.283 ms

I’ll just blame Charter. At least my DreamHost connectivity issues have been resolved.

-Scott


#3

Hope everything’s better now.

You should mention to the piclens blokes that they already have their google-analytics code included their main app, so they should consider having the landing page perform a redirect 301 directly into their main site.

I only mention this because when I tested the url you provided above it hung up as a blank page while the google-analytics grab waited in queue to connect (it happens quite a bit, that’s why Google tell us to include thier code right before the tag). If I was the impatient type I would have just closed the window.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost


#4

It’s all better. Thanks. It was like half the Internet was unreachable for me.

The lite.piclens.com link was being called by my WordPress piclens plugin. I didn’t even know it did that. I guess I’ll have to take a closer look at what the contents of my websites are doing.

-Scott