Can't connect to database

Has anybody else had trouble connecting to their dbs? I can pull up static pages just fine, and ftp (hyperion.dreamhost.com) is working as usual, but any page I have that requires a connection to my dbs returns the “Unable to connect” error.

Yesterday I started having trouble like this (lost connection error), but it returned to normal after about 10 mins. But now it seems to have been not working since early this morning.

Any idea what’s going on? Anybody else getting this?

I’m not getting any connection problems. Have you tried accessing phpMyAdmin at your hostname?

Simon Jessey | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]

Yeah, and I can’t get in through there either.

When I try to access any of my dbs through the panel, it prompts me for my user/pass, and when i enter it the prompt just pops up again as if I didn’t enter anything at all.

Really frustrating =/ I’ve got people waiting on the site and I don’t know what to tell them.

This has happened to me once before. I opened a support ticket and they fixed it for me quite promptly. Unless you have your username/password combination incorrect, you should definitely contact support about it.

Simon Jessey | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]

well i did the ‘check system status’ outage check thing for the databases. things seem to be working in order again

it sure is annoying to have had this kind of problem, but i’m glad that their support system seems to work well. good stuff