Can't add domain

I used up my free domain registration, but when I go to my Domain panel and try to add the domain, I get this error:

Can’t add domain: already in our DNS system.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Possibility is that someone’s added the domain to the control panel, but hasn’t actually registered it yet. What’s the domain? We have ways of making it talk…

Yes, I have an opinion.

Get a minimum 50% off with the “haveadreamyday” promo code, and… have a dreamy day. Original, no?

Sorry, I wasn’t clear. I just registered it with my free domain registration.

Perhaps I just have to wait a while for the DH panel to pick it up?

I will try again tomorrow.

Thanks

Ah, yes. This is me not thinking. If you registered it through DH directly, it’s already in the system. The adding of domains is only for if you registered it elsewhere, or don’t plan to register it yet for whatever reason. So, the domain name does exist, but you won’t be able to access it externally for anywhere from 10-24 hours while DNS propogates netwide. If access to the site is absolutely escential, you can set up a domain.dreamhosters.com address to mirror your newly registered domain until your ISP’s nameservers pick up that it exists.

Yes, I have an opinion.

Get a minimum 50% off with the “haveadreamyday” promo code, and… have a dreamy day. Original, no?

OK, so the reason I don’t see it under my Manage->Domain is because it hasn’t propagated yet?

If that is the case, I will just wait.

Thanks

Wait a few minutes, then refresh the screen. It has things it needs to update internally before you’ll see it. The same goes for if you’re deleting a subdomain or actual domain, I’ve found. If you hit the delete option, it isn’t instantly removed from your list. Give it 5 or 10 minutes, then refresh the display. It should be there. If not, log out and back in. One of the two will fix it. Either way, it’s there. If you have telnet/ssh access enabled for the user in question, you can find out.

Yes, I have an opinion.

Nope, still hasn’t shown up.

I’m sure it will eventually…not a rush.

Thanks for your help.

Hmmm…still not there…

Has your account been activated yet? They manually approve them, so even though you can log into the panel, you won’t be able to do anything until it’s approved and activated.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

Who knows…I already host 3 sites from the same account so I am not sure what needs to be activated. I am talking with support right now, so I am sure everything will get all sorted out.

Thanks