Can't access web login panel

Has anyone ever had any issues accessing the login panel for Dreamhost at https://panel.dreamhost.com/? I have tried multiple browsers, but they all go to errors. I can access the webmail and WordPress, but not the general login panel. I just need to create a new business email.

I don’t get any errors, just an endless list of DreamHost SPAM.

What exact error message(s) are you getting?

Are you using a VPN?

Other than the aforementioned upselling and affiliate junk shitting up the Home page I’ve had no issues with the Panel.

Can you access it via https://webmail.dreamhost.com/ or are you using a custom webmail.domain link?

As mentioned by @keyplyr a better description of the error you are seeing will be beneficial to troubleshooting.

I get this error:

This site can’t be reached

panel.dreamhost.com took too long to respond.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Interesting. Attempting to browse the destination from here now just displayed the timeout error you’re seeing – although it worked perfectly when I tested earlier before posting above.

Load panel.dreamhost.com in a browser TAB and just leave it at the error page. The browser will (should) intermittently retry the connection automatically until you break through the queue and hit the login form.

Interesting. I can log in on my phone when off the wifi connection. It has something to do with my IP and Dreamhost, I think. I wonder why?

That would be my guess (now that you’ve posted the error) or somehow you’ve just cached a bad DreamHost DNS. You can reset this manually. On a Windows machine:

• From your desktop…
• Right-click the Start button (the Windows logo in the lower-left).
• Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
• When asked whether to allow Command Prompt to make changes to your computer, select Yes.
• In the black command window type “ipconfig /flushdns” and press Enter.
• After you get the message that the DNS has been flushed, type “exit” and press Enter.
• Launch a new browser and try connecting to DH again.

The panel subdomain has only a single DNS record (IPv4 A record) so an IP block or DNS caching problem wouldn’t explain why I witnessed the same timeout when attempting a connection the second time around. Of note is that the browser I used to test still had a valid panel cookie set and it auto-logged-in after allowing the window to automatically retry the connection periodically.

After sniffing the line with tcpview it appears that a visitor first hits the sole IPv4 69.163.136.57 then they’re load-balanced off to various IPv6 endpoints if their system is IPv6 capable. The break in communication is most likely at that point.