Can't Access My Sub Domain

Hi there! So I have a subdomain I can’t seem to access. I installed wordpress on it this morning, and then received my confirmation email, instructing me to click on a link to set my password. However, the link takes me to a blank page that says “This Site Can’t Be Reached, check to see if there is a typo”.

There doesn’t appear to be a typo in the name, and the only thing that seems odd to me is that on my webpanel, the subdomain’s web directory is listed as being under the domain for an alternate website I own, which is currently in ‘parked’ mode. What’s odd is that I created my subdomain BEFORE purchasing the alternate website domain. This is all pretty new to me, so I’m at a complete loss. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Panel → Domains → Manage Domains
Click the Edit link in the Web Hosting column for your subdomain

In the Fully Hosted section of that page you can edit the user and path on that form to set your preferred owner/location. You can create as many users and locations as you like (they’re unlimited) to further separate your workspaces and keep things tidier.

Thanks sXi, that at least cleared up one of the problems! Still unable to access the subdomain through my password link, though. Any ideas?

Instead of using the link provided, try accessing the subdomain directly to see what happens.

1 Like

Alas, no luck there either! I was just reading about DNS, and I’m wondering if that is the problem: the full message I see on the website is:

This site can’t be reached
Check if there is a typo in www.waylonbacon21.com.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

1 Like

That domain is seemingly not yet registered.

2 Likes

Sorry for the delay, but yes, that seems to be the problem. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.