Can't access my FTP

wordpress

I’d add my domain and installed WORDPRESS by one click install yesterday.
The problem is: I can’t access my FTP. When I go to ftp.‘mydomain’.com the page doesn’t charge and if I try to enter webFTP, it can’t find my user.

Does FTP takes more than 12 hours to be avaiable?
If it’s not, can anyone help me?

Are you using the right user?

http://wiki.dreamhost.com/FTP#Locating_the_Correct_FTP_User

yes!
But anyway, I should be able to access ftp://FTP.mydomain.com, shouldn’t I?

You should, so long as your domain is registered and has its nameservers pointed to DreamHost. This doesn’t appear to be the case for the domain I see on your account — it’s pointed to Wordpress.com.

I knew I was reading too advanced tutorials and my problem would might be that I’m stupid.

So. I have my domain set on wordpress. I’ve registred it on Dreamhost (if a go to ‘manage domains’ I can see it). But it isn’t enough. I need to pay for my domain again, this time at Dreamhost, right? There’s no way to transfer it without pay again?

Thank you for clarify my mind, by the way.

Your DNS is pointed to wordpress.com

However you do have hosting with us, so you don’t need to pay for that again :slight_smile: And you can totally keep your DNS with WordPress, but you’d need to point your domain to our nameservers if you want FTP to work.

You can, of course, transfer your DNS to us as well, but it’s not required.

THANK U!!!

I am having the same issue except I am having another issue at the same time which is that I can’t access the admin part of my account because I am a beginner developer and accidentally messed something up in the editing of my functions.php so I now get this message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘<’ in /home/emmphi/themfreshbeats.com/wp-content/themes/pilcrow/functions.php on line 597

How do I point my domain to dreamhost if I can’t log into my blog at all???

Your domain is actually already pointed to our nameservers! I also just responded to the support ticket you submitted; That should help clear things up. Please reply there directly if you still have issues or questions and we’ll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

You don’t have a domain problem.

Domain Name: THEMFRESHBEATS.COM Registrar: NEW DREAM NETWORK, LLC Whois Server: whois.dreamhost.com Referral URL: http://www.dreamhost.com Name Server: NS1.DREAMHOST.COM Name Server: NS2.DREAMHOST.COM Name Server: NS3.DREAMHOST.COM Status: ok Updated Date: 28-dec-2012 Creation Date: 08-jun-2010 Expiration Date: 08-jun-2014

You need to go to line 597 in this file: /home/emmphi/themfreshbeats.com/wp-content/themes/pilcrow/functions.php

and fix it. You likely tried to end your script with <?> rather than ?>

[code]$ cat /tmp/test.php

<?php echo "hi\n"; <?>

$ php /tmp/test.php
PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘<’ in /tmp/test.php on line 3
[/code]