Can't access my domain

I signed up and registered a new domain four hours ago, got the e-mails telling me everything’s a go, but I cannot access the site with FTP. Yes, username and password are correct. I get errors, as if the domain doesn’t exist, or that I don’t have permissions.

Any ideas?

The email probably told you this too, but the new DNS information will take a day or two to update.

In the meantime, you should have gotten information which should tell you the server you’re on (, so you can upload your data to this location while you’re waiting for the domain to start showing up.

Yes, bitters is the server, but I cannot access that server using the user name and password they gave me. Every other server on the planet I can access, but not that one.

I get this error using WS_FTP Pro 8: Address lookup of “” failed. It may be misspelled, or your computer may not be connected to the network or Internet.
Also check that your DNS and local name servers are properly configured and responding.

And I get this one using IE: The server name or address could not be resolved.

It’s not “”; it’s “” as the hostname.

Augh! I’m such an idiot! Forgive me :frowning:

However, I still can’t access the domain with using, and will attribute that to your earlier reply. Thanks, Will! You’re a BIG HELP. BTW, I like your web site, I just wish I could understand it. Like the pics of SF, was there in May for the Bay to Breakers :slight_smile: