Can't access email with Outlook 2013

I’ve been using Outlook to read my email for a couple of years and starting this morning I’m getting errors:

Receiving’ reported error (0x8004210A) : ‘The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).’

I can get to my email via webmail and using K-9 on my Android phone, but Outlook continues to give me errors. I checked the setting on K-9 and Outlook and they seem to match.

What’s wrong?

Using pop3? Really? Why not IMAP?

Hi there, sorry to hear about your troubles. Things that could be wrong range a lot, from a temporary glitch to network issues (like a provider that all of a sudden decides to lock a port) to misconfigurations… Lots of stuff :slight_smile: On Outlook, make sure you’re using the correct port for POP3 (should be 995 with SSL, IIRC). Follow the guides on https://help.dreamhost.com/hc/en-us/articles/214918038-Email_client_configuration_overview

If you still have issues, please consider opening a ticket so the support team can investigate more deeply.