Can't Access Dreamhosters Sub-Domain on expired URL

I’ve spent hours trying to figure out what the problem is, so time to ask for help! Here’s the situation:

Client had a domain registered elsewhere and hosted on Dreamhost. The website had a WordPress install in a sub-directory, say www.hersite.com/blog.

She let the domain expire, but now wants her blog to be restored to a different domain she owns. None of this is a problem as I do this stuff all day long.

But now I need to get into the Dashboard of her old WordPress blog and can’t quite get it to work.

I’ve set up her new domain name and activated the .dreamhosters sub domain and mirrored it to www.herNEWsite.com so I can work on it before going live. I can access the new database.

But under the old domain, www.hersite.com for example, I also activated a .dreamhosters sub domain and mirrored it to www.hersite.com that was hosted on Dreamhost previously and never removed when the domain expired, but it doesn’t work. When I go to www.hersite.dreamhosters.com, it isn’t there, I just get a “server not found” error and I can’t for the life of me figure out why? I’ve checked everything a thousand times.

Any thoughts? What am I missing?