Cant access domain - 403 Forbidden error

Ok I have a subdomain setup for a friend at http://bandlogos.descentrecords.com.

It serves up a php script for last.fm users and creates a graphic with logos of your top 20 or so artists on your playlists (I would bet some of you are using it too)…

According to my friend, he hasnt been able to access the site for about 2 weeks now (I just heard about it two days ago). Just gives the good old 403 Forbidden ‘you dont have permission to access / on this server’ message.
He has done nothing to the site in regards to access at all, and I certainly dont mess with it (I had him setup his account and I actually dont have access to it myself since its not mine)… The domain seems fine in my Dreamhost Panel. We can both go into myPHPadmin and get to the databases but Im assuming thats because theyre stored elsewhere and not actually in the domain itself… I cant even access the sites stats page and also get a 403 error there…

Heres what Ive done on my own so far… I can login via SSH but initially I got a permission denied error going into the directory… I noticed the permissions on the domain folder were set to just d---------… In another shell I SSH’ed into my own domain and all of my domain folders were set to drwxr-xr-x… So I chmod’ed his domain folder to 755 and now it matches mine… Still getting a 403 error though, but now I can login via FTP, which didnt work earlier, and I can browse through the directories this way. HTTP still dead though like I said…

I seem to notice ALOT of the folders and files on both of our domains were modified on May 18th which would be about the two weeks he mentioned the site has been down… Could something Dreamhost did on the backend break access to the site??

All of my own sites and subdomains up at descentrecords.com work perfectly so its a problem with just this particular subdomain. And like I said, I can get in via SSH and FTP and I can ping the domain but cant bring up the website itself…
I tried turning off the extra web security for a bit, made no difference…
Hes already been setup for PHP5 when it was created so shouldnt be any issues with an old script no longer being support by DH…

Hopefully one of the folks at DH can figure this one out for me??

Worst case scenario Im just going to delete and re-create the domain and have him re-upload everything but I wanted to see if there was something easy to fix it first…