Cant access admin panel?

Hi-

Im new here, just signed up with DH last week, and unfortunately have not been able to access the ( admin panel ) on my new FORUM since last week. Cant anyone help me with this issue. It might even be a simple correction. Anyone?

The problem could lie with my server, but i dont know how to change this. The error message i receive when i click on admin panel is:

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

When i go here:
http://www.dealsandstealsforum.com/install/install.php

I get this page:

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Open the www.dealsandstealsforum.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Back button to try another link.
Click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP 404 - File not found
Internet Explorer

www.dealsandstealsforum.com
BEST! daily deals, steals, freebies, coupons, & e-Discounts

i did clear cookies and my browser is IE. i even tried accessing the admin panel thru mozilla firefox browser, still a no go.

isnt there anyone that can help me with this issue? why am i not getting any responses?

I think your address is wrong —should not be "install/"
Try link to http://dealsandstealsforum.com/ then log in with your admin username and password—then select “Go to Administration Panel” at bottom of page. You then get asked for your admin login again—and enter Administration Panel.

i am able to login to the actual forum, what i cant access is the admin panel within the forum. bascially, i cant make any changes to my own forum. and Folks can register, but cant activate the link they receive in their email. I dont know what to do.

gosh, this is soooo frustrating.

I’m not really sure, but since no one else is jumping up…

I think you need to backup your database and your style if you have a custome one, and total delete the forum, clear the database and re-install.

To backup your datbae, just log into phpmyadmin. there’s a link way there to backup your database. Then once you’ve got your backup, select all of the tables, and choose drop from the menu - that will clear out the database. Next delete all the files associate with your forum.

Now you can use the one-click install agian, just select your datgbae instead of creating a new one. Then when you get the E-mail from dreamhost, follw the instructions there, and then restore your database (after initalizaing your forum) Also, be sure to delete the install folder like the E-mail says. then it should all be working for you, and all of your posts will be migrated.

-Matttail

do i need to go into my admin panel to back up database? because if yes, then i cant back it up, because i cant access my admin panel. that is the problem im having.

nop, you need to use phpmyadmin or telnet/ssh in
Kbase
While you’re in phpmyadmin backuping your database, you can clear it out there too. To do this, from the main page of phpmyadmin click:
Databases > your_database > Check all (at the bottom of the table list) and seect “drop” from the drop down menu. only do this once you have a backup this will delete all the data from your database and you can’t get it back! (actually DH makes backups of your DB, but you’d have to contact uspport and ask them to resotre it.)

The FTP into your account and remove the all of the forum files (the directy will have to be empty for the one click install to work) again, make sure you have a backup and any custom styles or other editing you’ve done before you delete the folder.

Be aware the this process will take your site down for a while. You might want to set up some kind of temporarly out of service page or something. I’d guess it will probably take an hour or two to get this back up and running once you start deleting things. Just make sure you backup everything, and then go for it.

Good luck.

-Matttail

Yippee!!! I now have access to my admin panel, FINALLY!.

This is the response i got from DH.
“I’ve fixed it, and it wasn’t related to your server. You had specified to
secure cookies in your admin, so I had to go into your database and turn
this off. What login was trying to do was go through an https secure
server, which you do not have”.

So you’re all fixed up, just don’t turn on secure cookies!

Thanks!
Terri