Cannot obtain Auth Code to transfer domain. Help!

I can not get an “Auth Code” to transfer registration from my previous company (http://www.discountdomainregistry.com). I’ve logged in to their control panel and hit “Retrieve auth code” many times - and I get a message that the codes have been sent to my email addy…but I never receive it. I check my inbox and spam box. I also verified that they had my email addy correct. I then submitted their online contact form and I immediately got back an auto-response. Now it’s been days with no other response. I have been trying to call them all day today, but I always get a message that all circuits are busy. I cannot find a fax# for them. A whois search returns nothing that I can use.

I am at my wits end. What can I do about this?

Note: I am a dreamhost customer - not an employee. I’ll do my best to give you an accurate answer, however, you must use my information and advice at your own risk.

…followup…I just called them again and now their number is “not in service.”

…followup…
I found their fax# but it didn’t work!

I am sure I am not the only person to ever experience this.

Contol of my domain has been hi-jacked.

Someone please pipe in and help.

Note: I am a dreamhost customer - not an employee. I’ll do my best to give you an accurate answer, however, you must use my information and advice at your own risk.

Their page says that they are “partnered” with a registrar, so they probably pass on all the work to the other company. Can you whois your domain and see if it lists who the real registrar is (their site doesn’t say)? Maybe you can contact that company directly and let them know about the troubles you are having.

Check out Gordaen’s Knowledge, the blog, and the MR2 page.

A whois search lists “tucows” as their registrar. I will try to get help from them.

As for the pages you listed. I read some articles and I gotta say that I’m highly impressed with the guy. One thing though, I searched but couldn’t find relevant info. to my problem. If you know where it is - please point me to it. And thanks.

P.S. I am now going to contact Dreamhost tech support and I’ll let you know what they say.