Cannot add user or domain

Hi there,

I joined DreamHost this morning. Earlier, I noticed my account was still ‘pending’, however no service plans were visible on my panel.

I followed the manual instructions, added a service plan, and made a payment, and that plan is now visible on my ‘Manage Accounts’ page. However, when I try to add a user or domain, the following error message displays.

Can’t call method “name” on an undefined value at /usr/local/lib/site_perl/Ndn/Dhwebpanel/Billing/Account.pm line 1268.

Interestingly, I selected a domain name during my registration, but this appears to have been lost in the process.

Anyone got any advice for me? I’ve emailed support but I’m not sure how long they will take to get back to me.

Emailing support isn’t the best option usually. If the support tab works for you in the panel use that instead. The difference is your email ends up in some general queue with standard priority. The panels version of opening a ticket changes that and lets you give it some priority.

Thanks for the reply. I actually meant that I contacted support via the tab, probably should have made that clearer. Just wondering, seeing as my account has not got the domain name listed that I selected upon registration, would it be perfectly okay to register this with another site now and carry it over to DreamHost once available?

Sure, you do not need to register the domain name with dreamhost to host it here. Once you have it registered just set the nameservers to ns1.dreamhost.com, ns2.dreamhost.com, ns3.dreamhost.com.