Cannot access to my webpage!

This is the problem: When i try to connect to my ftp server, with the net2ftp or with another program like frontpage says it cannot connect.

The net2ftp shows me the next:

Warning: ftp_connect(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution in /usr/local/ndn/web/webftp/includes/filesystem.inc.php on line 48
An error has occured:
Unable to connect to FTP server poukiicancun.com on port 21.

Are you sure this is the address of the FTP server? This is often different from that of the HTTP (web) server. Please contact your ISP helpdesk or system administrator for help.

Go back or Go to the login page

Technical information for developers:

The error occured in file /usr/local/ndn/web/webftp/includes/filesystem.inc.php on line 51.

• function ftp_openconnection (/usr/local/ndn/web/webftp/modules/browse/browse.inc.php on line 214)
  • function net2ftp_module_printbody (/usr/local/ndn/web/webftp/main.inc.php on line 288)
  • function net2ftp (/usr/local/ndn/web/webftp/index.php on line 54)
    o argument 0: printBody

I cannot upload any webpage or anything since i create my account.

Why my domain is not working? Or what am i doing wrong?

I will really appreciate the help :slight_smile:

When did you register the domain? It takes some time for the new domain to propagate.

You can go to DH panel --> Bills --> Manage Accounts to check the status of your account. Is it already approved?

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].

Hello nathan.

Yes, it is approved. I register my domain 6 days ago.

I have check in the address you tell me and is all in there:

Domains Hosted: (1 / unlimited domains, 0 / unlimited sub-domains)

Domains Registered: (1, 1 free)

What am i doing wrong?

[quote]Domains Registered: (1, 1 free)
[/quote]
It seems you have not registered a domain in DH yet. As you know, FTP needs a domain name to function. You can either have a domain registered in DH or have one registered somewhere else but pointed to DH.

you can check your domains by DH panel --> Domains --> Manage Domains. I believe you have registered a free DH subdomain when you signed up your plan. You should be able to upload files to the free DH subdomain.:stuck_out_tongue:

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].

Is this poukiicancun.com your domain name?

I can’t access the website.

yes it is. It seems that i can access now to the ftp (in the dh panel/domains/Webftp/) i can see the fyles i upload in there.

I check the DNS and add the domain to the servers… i think that was all.

Now, to upload the webpage where should it put the .html fyle? in root/poukiicancun.com/ ?

Sorry, i’m very newbie in this :slight_smile:

the root folder for a domain will be root/domainname.com

for your case, it will be root/poukiicancun.com

only the root ftp user has the access to the root folder. you should create new ftp user to accessa particular folder.

Pookii, I am not sure what Nathan is referring to here, but under most circumstances you will not have to create a new FTP user. As you add domains or sub-domains to your account, a new web directory will be created in your user’s home directory for each of these, it is possible to manage all of them with the one FTP user.

The main reason why you might create a new FTP user would be to keep one domain or sub-domain separate from your others. In this case, you would create a new FTP user and set this user as the owner of the domain when adding it to the system. This user would then have their own home directory with the files for their domains within it.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

Hello Mark, thanks for the information.

I think the problem NOW is that i just actualized the DNS so, it will take a few days to send over all internet and stuff.

Thanks everyone for the help. If i have anymore questions now i know where to go :slight_smile:

-PouKii-

Yeah, DNS propagation can be a pain at times, unfortunately it is not something we have any control over, we just have to wait.

These days, I tend to register domains and configure them for use sometime before I will actually need them, that way things are ready to go when I need them.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)