Can WebID be changed and Privileges question

I’m setting up a friend’s domain on my space. I got her a web ID using her email address, which has since changed when she moved.
Can this Web ID be changed?
Any other way I can give her control panel access?
I set up an ftp user account for her and that works fine, but can’t log into the control panel with it.

I want to set up a wordpress blog and gallery using the one-click install. Can I set that up using my account owner’s ID to get into the control panel, or do I need to log into the control panel with her Web ID to set it up on her domain? I would set it up to run under her user id.

thanks,
Susan

No. If it is not easy to remember the WebID, you can use the full email address to log in.

You can grant your panel access to your friend via DH panel --> Users --> Account Privileges

Please read and understand fully about this feature before you enable this.
http://wiki.dreamhost.com/KB_/Account_Control_Panel/Billing::_Account_Privileges

Where is the domain hosted? You should set it up in the account hosting the domain.

Save $97 (MAX Discount) with code: [color=#CC0000]97YES[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

Thanks, That answers the basic questions. The main problem is that her email address has changed and she no longer has access to it and that is the email of record for her web ID.

I think I understand your problem now. Her WebID is saved in an email. She has changed the email address and cannot check the previous emails any more.

If she still remembers the email address, she can log into panel using the full email address as the username. After you log into the panel, you can easily find your WebID in the home page.

Save $97 (MAX Discount) with code: [color=#CC0000]97YES[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

If you can log in to her webid, you can change the email under the ‘edit profile’ tab at the top of the web admin page.

If you cannot log in to her webid, cause she doesn’t remember the password…you can contact support (since technically, its under your account and your webid) and they can email you the password. and then you can change her email under the ‘edit profile’ tab.

If you cannot remember the webid, you can still contact support, let them know what the domain name is, and they can email you both the webid and password. and then you can change her email under the ‘edit profile’ tab.

thank you all :slight_smile:

Changing the email in “edit profile” actually changed the web ID, which I wasn’t expecting. I couldn’t find this anywhere in the wiki.

All is well…