Can’t see my site

Last week I took a plan with Dreamhost, everything ok, and soon I could reach the site via http.

However, for the last 2 days I can’t see the site. I can connect via FTP, but it does not load in the browser, pinging does not reach it, and a trace gets lost in the way.

My question is, could this be a problem in the network, somewhere, or is something with the server? Is there anything that I can do about it?

When you FTP in, what directories are listed there?

And when you say that your site won’t load, does it pop up with a message that the site could not be found? Or something else.

Inside the root there are logs, maildir, and, which is the root for the site. In I’ve put an old index.html only for checking.

And no, I don’t get any message, it just times out with a blank screen.

The IP can’t be reached by ping, however other IPs in this range (64.111.102 …) are accesible, so I assume that it’s just this particular domain that cannot be reached from here. I do not know.

Thanks for the attention, mattail

I could trace it

Hop (ms) (ms) (ms) IP Address Host name
1 0 0 0
2 0 0 10
3 0 0 0
4 1 1 1
5 8 8 8
6 Timed out Timed out 9
7 9 9 9
8 8 8 11
9 43 43 43
10 43 43 44
11 44 44 44
12 45 43 45

and ping it

Round trip time to 49 ms
Round trip time to 45 ms
Round trip time to 48 ms
Round trip time to 44 ms
Round trip time to 46 ms
Round trip time to 49 ms
Round trip time to 45 ms
Round trip time to 43 ms
Round trip time to 47 ms
Round trip time to 49 ms

Average time over 10 pings: 46.5 ms

But, I do get the connection failure occurred when trying to go to

Did you send in a support request?

I am able to go to this website, and got a basic webpage in spainsh talking about the benefits to orginzations of the internet.

so, you should try clearning out your Brower’s Cache and History, then try and load up the site again. If that’s not the issue than for some reason your ISP may be blocking your access to it.

so the site is working. And the system status panel shows it’s working. But… the problem is there. For example, if I check the URL with the XHTML validator it does not find it. Also, Netcraft ( gives the following message:

“Site name or availability problem for
We could not get any results for your selected site.”

I do not think it’s an issue with the DNS, as I could reach the site until 2 days ago, but I really do not know. Perhaps a routing problem…

Well, at least I can be sure the server is running well, since you could see it.

Yes, I just got an answer saying the server is Ok and asking for the interrupted trace route.

“There is” a basic page (without the CSS and the images) that I put there just to check if I could see it. And no I still can’t (after cleaning cookies and history, btw.)

Right now, I think it has got to be a network problem, since it’s visible for some and not for others.

Ping, tracert, and http all timeout for me aswell.

I’m located up in NS, Canada (East coast) so it’s affecting a large area.

If it helps, the last hop that was successful for me was POS7-0.BR3.NYC8.ALTER.NET [].
Hope it gets sorted out for ya!

I’d give my right arm to be ambidexterous!

well, thanks to all of you. At least now I know it’s not a local problem and not a server problem. Perhaps a DNS server somewhere has been backed up with an old database, or whatever.
I’ll try to check with my ISP (easier said than done) or simply wait it out.
Thanks again.

Just to say I can see your site and ping it ok