Can`t emty my ftp

hi there.

i cant emty my ftp? i have made folders like test1, test2… to try some websites, but no i cant get rid of theme… i have try to delate it 100 times. but is just stay there :’(

you can see the folders at www.ernemyr.com

some help?

I guess some of them (or their sub-folders/files) have permission restrictions which you may need to take care of BEFORE deleting via FTP.

GungHost.com - Gung-ho Web Hosting :: $7.95/mo for 2,400 MB Disk and 120 GB Transfer

well some setting i cant find for that… i delate the db to.

when i get in to a subfolder they all are emty and i try to delate them then go up and delate them after the way up (if you know what i mean, but no luck :frowning: they are still there :frowning:

I wonder if they contain any invisible files that aren’t allowing you to delete.
Do you know how to Telnet or SSH into your directories?

“Try to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.”

“Do you know how to Telnet or SSH into your directories?”

well no… dont know that

If you can get in that way, you can list the hidden files and there is a command switch with delete that deletes all files in subdirectories.

Here is a link on how to use it:
https://panel.dreamhost.com/kbase/index.cgi?area=138&keyword=telnet

Here is one for commands:
https://panel.dreamhost.com/kbase/index.cgi?area=149&keyword=telnet

Good luck! :wink:

Here are details relating to the command I referred to.

Deleting Directories (rmdir)

The rmdir command allows you to delete directories, just as you have done with files. To delete a directory, type in rmdir dirname and hit return (assuming the directory is called dirname). As with rm and cd, you can provide a full pathname to the file. Note that you cannot delete a directory unless it is empty with this command, although you can do it with a variation of the rm command. Simply type rm -r dirname instead. Note that both of these actions will delete the directory, and cannot be undone.

great m8… all done now :slight_smile: txh

m8 ?? :wink:

Glad you got it worked out! :wink: