Okay, so here is the current procedure:
- Change a few lines of text and add a few new pictures on a page on my website in iWeb (let’s say the “latest news” webpage for example).
- “Publish” the entire website to a folder on my hard drive. (Now I have two published websites by the same name in different folders on my hard drive that are only slightly different).
- Open up cyberduck (my ftp client).
- Type in the complete url in the “quick connect box” and then I type in my server name and password.
- Now I open the “index.html” folder for the site and delete the old “latest news” folder completely from cyber duck (my ftp client).
- Now I just drag the new edited version folder of “latest news” from my hard drive and then drop it into the index.html folder and within a minute or two the new “latest news” webpage appears on my website.
So, obviously this works, but it’s a “wonky as hell” procedure, especially considering the fact that I want to be changing and updating the website on a weekly basis. I’m sure a better way to update webpages exists, but I’m a complete beginner to all of this stuff. Any help or advice would be most appreciated!