Can’t edit webpages without “republishing” entire

Okay, so here is the current procedure:

1. Change a few lines of text and add a few new pictures on a page on my website in iWeb (let’s say the “latest news” webpage for example).
  2. “Publish” the entire website to a folder on my hard drive. (Now I have two published websites by the same name in different folders on my hard drive that are only slightly different).
  3. Open up cyberduck (my ftp client).
  4. Type in the complete url in the “quick connect box” and then I type in my server name and password.
  5. Now I open the “index.html” folder for the site and delete the old “latest news” folder completely from cyber duck (my ftp client).
  6. Now I just drag the new edited version folder of “latest news” from my hard drive and then drop it into the index.html folder and within a minute or two the new “latest news” webpage appears on my website.

So, obviously this works, but it’s a “wonky as hell” procedure, especially considering the fact that I want to be changing and updating the website on a weekly basis. I’m sure a better way to update webpages exists, but I’m a complete beginner to all of this stuff. Any help or advice would be most appreciated!

Regular updates like this are probably best achieved in a CMS.

BUT why can’t you just upload each file as and when needed?

DOn’t know if iWorks has a feature to Dreamweaver but a synchronise would be very useful - you can add/edit/delete all teh relevant files on your machine select just the relevant folders and then upload the new/updated files and delete files on the server that don’t exist on your local machine.

I used a basic wysiwyg web design program called Web Easy 7. The publish utility dialogue has a check box titled “let Web Easy automatically manage my website.” If this box is checked, only web pages that have changed are uploaded when you republish.

Maybe your web design program has a similar feature.

Good luck