Can send email from webmail but not receive

i am able to log into webmail and send mail from a specific email address but when trying to reply to that email address i get an error:

This is the Postfix program at host randymail-mx3.g.dreamhost.com.

I’m sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be
be delivered to one or more recipients. It’s attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The Postfix program

m9582267@randymail-mx3.g.dreamhost.com (expanded from
stephen@thecoachescenter.com): unknown user: “m9582267”

Final-Recipient: rfc822; m9582267@randymail-mx3.g.dreamhost.com
Original-Recipient: rfc822; stephen@thecoachescenter.com
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; unknown user: “m9582267”

Are you talking about DH’s Squirrelmail implementation or another locally installed web mail server?

If it’s DH’s Squirrelmail, you might want to contact support as if you can log in, your user should exist. (I think that’s what the message is saying). If you include the information you’ve posted here, I’m sure they can help.

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit. Let me know if you want something else!

i am referring to DH’s Squirrelmail, how would i go about contacting support? thx.

I suggest you ignore the mXXXXXXX format for usernames. Just go with YOU@YOURDOMAIN.COM for sending, receiving, and logging in to check your mail.

Or did you already do that? If so, then how new is that mail account? Has it ever worked? Can you send to that address from outside, such as Gmail or Yahoo?

-Scott

Last option on the control panel at https://panel.dreamhost.com/

(that really is a strange message and I don’t think you can change things to make it work like that - unless you maybe deleted the mailbox while logged into squirrel mail…)

(or they could just magically reply like he did above. But it’s not terribly common for them to do that! Well, it never USED to be common.)

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit. Let me know if you want something else!

Scott,

I created the email about an hour ago, I am able to log into DH mail client and send mail to other DH email accounts I have as well as to both Yahoo and Gmail accounts that I have.

I only have an issue when trying to reply back to this email account.

My first guess is to give it time. Addresses tend to take an hour (or more) before it completely spreads across all the DreamHost servers.

-Scott

thanks very much, i have opened a support ticket.

thanks for the feedback, i have opened a support ticket but i will wait on this until tomorrow.