Can only see blue links when I preview in browser

I made my site using Adobe Fireworks, then exported all the pages to Dreamweaver. When I was done linking pages together in Dreamweaver, I uploaded all the pages to my database/directory on DreamHost.

But when I click to view them in the browser, I can only see the blue links to other pages on my site. I can’t see any pictures or graphics. Why is this?

Please note, this is not happening when I click to view the site from Dreamweaver/Fireworks. It only happens when I click on a page in my DreamHost database/directory.

iaskedforbacon.com
A user-generated, article hosting website. You write them, we post them (as long as they’re good).

What’s the URL for this domain? Does it work when you test it on your home computer? My guess is that the content isn’t using relative paths.

-Scott

The domain is www.iaskedforbacon.com. I have a WordPress theme on there now, so it functions ok for the time being.

I can see the webpages fine if I preview them from Fireworks. But, like I said, if I try to view them from my DreamHost account, all I get is a blank white page and blue links to other pages where pictures/buttons should be.

How would I use relative paths? I’m new to this, so I apologize…

iaskedforbacon.com
A user-generated, article hosting website. You write them, we post them (as long as they’re good).

Page works fine for me - dark background, blue links and white text;
logo IAFB-Logo-Blue.png displays fine as well. Using Iceweasel
(firefox) browser.

Regards, tomt

To troubleshoot, set up a test subdomain, like test.iaskedforbacon.com. Without seeing your code, it’s very difficult to troubleshoot. I don’t use Fireworks or Dreamweaver, so I don’t know its options for setting up a site. If I were to guess, the missing content is due to pictures not being uploaded at all, or to a directory the site doesn’t know about. The missing text could be white text on a white background.

-Scott

Yeah that’s the theme I have set up now. It’s basically a placeholder theme I’m using (downloaded from WordPress) until I can get the theme I’m creating up.

What I’m saying is that when I try to preview a page from within the Dreamhost directory, nothing shows up but blue links.

iaskedforbacon.com

Unless you post your page(s) on the website - possibly in another directory - we won’t be able to figure what is going wrong.

Regards, tomt