Can I share Fansubed Anime

Well I’ve been looking for a while a host that will allow me to upload fansubed anime (japanese animation) and share it, I wonder if you guys do.

You can if it’s legal.
Unfortunately, give copyrighted content without authorisation is not legal.

If dreamhost receive a complaint about that, they will have to cut the website off, like any US hosting company.

Get [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] Off with promo code :[color=#CC0000]97USA[/color] :cool: -->choose your plan (promo code included)

It may not even require a complaint to be made. Judging from a couple of recent threads, it seems DreamHost is (understandably) very pro-active in regards to copyrighted files on their servers and may request that such files be taken down, even without receiving a complaint from the copyright holder.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

I’ll suggest to read through DH TOS http://www.dreamhost.com/tos.html

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) with [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color] Save [color=#CC0000]$67[/color] get lifetime unique ip with [color=#CC0000]67CRAZY[/color] SignUp NOW

Really the best thing to do would be to contact Dreamhost here:

http://dreamhost.com/contact.cgi

Because this is a customer-to-customer forum, we can only offer our thoughts–they’ll give you the facts.

For 30% more diskspace, 30% more bandwidth, and $40 off use promo code [color=#CC0000]THEFULLMONTY[/color]

fidgeting.net

It never hurts to ask, but the words “fansubed”, “Anime”, and “share” are almost always a guarantee of copyright infringement; if you are looking for someone to tell you it’s “ok”, you are unlikely to find that answer here, or from Dreamhost. :wink: Good Luck with that.

–rlparker

I am constantly amazed at the number of posts we get asking if it is okay to host pirated media.

si-blog | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]

It’s only good in the original Japanese anyway.

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit. Let me know if you want something else!