Can I forward my DNS to DreamHost now?

Hi all,

I purchased a plan from dreamhost and got an email saying they activated my account after 30 mins or so. I have uploaded my files. If I forward my DNS will it work now?

Thank you!

Yes, you should be ready to transfer DNS to dreamhost. If you want, you can set it up to view your site before you transfer the DNS to make sure everything works. If you want to do that see the wiki (wiki.dreamhost.com) on viewing site before DNS.

–Matttail
art.googlies.net - personal website

One way to check whehter your account has been activated is to via DH panel --> Billing --> Manage Accounts If it is activated, you can start setting up your webiste.

Be noted that it takes some time for DNS to propagate in the server.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].

Well, it won’t work now, but it will work once the new DNS information has propagated. Remember to add the domain to the hosting system in the panel at Domains -> Manage Domains -> Add New Domain/Sub-Domain, if it has not already been added.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

I guess you missed the part where the original poster stated that the account was enabled and he/she had already uploaded files. :stuck_out_tongue:

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

I see. So I can say the account is approved if users are able to upload files.

Then the poster is able to start hosting the domains. Only need to remind the poster that it takes some time for server to propagate the DNS change as you mentioned :wink:

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].

Just when there is a litte dns problem… i would wait a few hours :wink:

Get [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] Off with promo code :[color=#CC0000]97USA[/color] :cool: choose your plan (promo code included)