Call to undefined function xmlrpc_encode_request()

apps

I am writing PHP script to post to my Wordpress blog through my UI. I am using XMLRPC.

I get:

Call to undefined function xmlrpc_encode_request()

I am using Wordpress 2.7 and my xmlrpc.php file has the $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA = file_get_contents(“php://input”); fix.

Additionally, I can post to the wordpress blog via Windows Live Writer without problem.

Any ideas on what could be the problem?

same here. did you get a chance to get a few ideas? it seems to me it is related with the install of php?

I have tried the documented “fixes” that I found on the net. But it seems we are dealing with something different.

I would also think it is related to the php installation, since other blog clients are able to post succesfully to my wordpress blog, so everything seems to be working on the wordpress (xml-rpc) side.

just tested on a different server: the standard php install on DH indeed lacks xmlrpc extension that is needed toperform what we would like to do.

solutions:

1. compile a dedicated php
  2. use a class; on this page http://dentedreality.com.au/projects/phpbloggerapi/movabletype/ the archive contains a xmlrpc.php that might be helpful - maybe?

I was afraid a solution would involve compiling my own version of PHP…

From what I can tell the process is involved.