CakePHP problem

apps

I’m trying to get CakePHP up and running on my DH server and am running into some problems. ON my local dev server it runs fine, but when I copy the files to my DH server I get:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@dashborg.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I’m running PHP 5.2.1 as a CGI and added the text that was in the .htaccess file from CakePHP’s root to the one on the DH servers root.

Has anyone successfully gotten CakePHP to run on their DH server?

Hi erickc,

I do run cakephp and success, many do. In fact, most of the cake active “bakers”'s blogs are hosted here.

Try to upload ‘pure’ cakephp package first and see if it’s running well - which I suppose it is.

Then try to troubleshoot your .htaccess if you have some changes within it.

Dino
Get YOUR $97 off on yearly plan with [color=#CC0000]YOUGET97 [/color] promo code. Sign Up NOW

Thanks, dinochopins. Changing the .htacccess file did the trick. I had done a custom install of PHP in order to get a few more PHP modules/extensions, but it turned out to unnecessary. Removing the lines specific to that PHP install in the .htaccess file fixed the problem, and reverted me to the standard DH PHP install.

You’re welcome.

Glad to have your problem solved :wink:

Dino
Get YOUR $97 off on yearly plan with [color=#CC0000]YOUGET97 [/color] promo code. Sign Up NOW