C-client

Are the c-client libraries available somewhere on dreamhost’s servers?

–Brian

Not currently. The easiest thing would be to install them yourself in your home directory from the UW source. There are Debian packages, and I think we should probably be able to install one or more of these for you if you like…

http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=c-client&searchon=all&subword=1&version=stable&release=all

libc-client2001, libc-client2001-dev are probably the ones you want… can you be more specific about what you’re trying to do?

Yes… I’m trying to compile my own version of PHP with imap support… to do that I need the c-client libraries…

I have downloaded and extracted the c-client source… when I run the make (make slx SSLTYPE=none) it dies on the compile…

it would be nice if c-client was already compiled somewhere and I could just access it… :slight_smile:

–Brian

Here’s the details…

cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 9
make[3]: *** [imap4r1.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory /home/.oba/sowired/download/imap-2002c1/c-client' make[2]: *** [slx] Error 2 make[2]: Leaving directory/home/.oba/sowired/download/imap-2002c1/c-client’
make[1]: *** [OSTYPE] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/.oba/sowired/download/imap-2002c1’
make: *** [slx] Error 2

–Brian

Ahh - I know what’s happening. Try building it (i.e., the c-client libraries) now… send me a private message on here if you get further errors.

ok… so now I’m trying to make php… and I get the same error…

gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 9
make: *** [Zend/zend_execute.lo] Error 1

–Brian

This should be really “fixed” now… you should have received a response from Dallas via the support system as well.

Let me know if you run into further problems.

I’m trying to accomplish the same thing. PHP with IMAP.

I have had to download IMAP, OpenSSL, and PHP.

Well I guess not OpenSSL, then compile imap with SSLTYPE=none

But my PHP croaks with:

configure: error: Cannot find rfc822.h. Please check your IMAP installation.

Still digging, can anybody help?

I also had to remove the with-curl because it wasn’t finding that?!?
Thanks!

Let democracy prevail! Change the administration! Finance elections publicly!