Buy more than one 777?

Is it possible to buy more than one 777 deal?

There isn’t really any point. A Code Monster deal is better value for money (at the moment) than two 777 deals.

Simon Jessey
Keystone Websites | si-blog

How is codemonster better than two 777 deals? 777 is 77 cents a month. times two 1.44/mo. or $20 a year. 2 x codemonster compares how?

I have a 777 account I’m not using at the moment… But I havent decided if Im going to get a refund or not.

-Jason

I40.com - Home Page
MP3Mystic - Personal Streaming Music server.
(Neither of these sites are still hosted at dreamhost)

My bad. I was thinking about the $7.95 deal. In fact, I didn’t know they were still offering the 777 deal.

Simon Jessey
Keystone Websites | si-blog

I thought the 777 promotion was over as well.

I just confirmed, 777 still works. 77 cents a month.

-Jason

I40.com - Home Page

Well I’ll be danged. :open_mouth:

The promotion that wouldnt Die!

-Jason

I40.com - Home Page

I joined 28 days ago with this promo

I don’t think a person can buy more than one 777 deal.

The small print is pretty clear that the deal is for new users only. By default, once you have one 777 deal, you are no longer a new user.

Is it possible for someone to use different user information and billing solutions to get around this yes, but it definitely is against the spirit of the offer and MAY (my speculation) be subject to action Dreamhost if they catch you.

(ardco)

[quote]DH obviously hopes to sell 777 of them, so it must be possible to buy
777. :slight_smile:

[/quote]

If that were the case, we’d have “run out” sometime halfway through the first day we offered it.

(conspicuous)

[quote]I don’t think a person can buy more than one 777 deal.

[/quote]

That’s correct - the offer is only good for people who do not have current DreamHost accounts. As such, it’d be literally impossible to buy 2 as by the time you finished purchasing the first you’d be a current customer. I suppose if you had two web browsers open and clicked both the purhase buttons at the exact same time… :>

We do have some automated checks in place to verify that people aren’t taking advantage, though to some degree we rely on the good ethical nature of our customers (which is, for the most part, pretty reliable).

As for the plan itself, we no longer officially offer it but there were a lot of stragglers out there who found out about it late (it seems that it took on a cult like status among some), so we have left the promotion code open and still honor it.

• Jeff @ DreamHost
  • DH Discussion Forum Admin