Business site

I recently set up a photoblog website at www.olddominionwildlife.com using the blogsmith one-click download software. Is there easy-to-install software for creating a semi-static website for a business? I know some html, but was wondering if there’s any free software for creating something slick. I’m going to be setting up a website for my father-in-law to sell artwork.

Thanks a lot,
S.P. Gass

The first thing that comes to my mind is to try zentcart which is available in DH panel --> Goodies --> One-Click Installs

I’m not sure whether it is what you are looking for. But it functions as an online shopping cart.

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

I am not sure if there is a way to sell the images but I was impressed by the script you can download and use here on DreamHost, just found this the other day -

Koken Photo Gallery Script
Koken is a free website publishing system developed for photographers, designers, and creative DIYs.

You can also use DreamHost’s ReMixer to build a business website, I would imagine there are some nice scripts out there to sell images.

Dave
HostCheetah
ParagonHost

I did not notice how old this thread was - sorry for bumping a 10-year-old thread!

Perhaps a testament to the longevity and history of DreamHost

I do think the script I mentioned for a photo gallery is nice thou / and open source :wink:

Cheers,

Dave
HostCheetah
ParagonHost