Bulk Domain Transfers

is there any way to do a bulk transfer of domain registrations to DH? moving 20+ domains using the one-at-a-time form would be a bit labor intensive. thanks.

additional keywords for future searches: registrar, register, domain name, dns, transfers, bulk, multiple

I put in a suggestion for it awhile ago, but you currently have to do it one at a time.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

Thanks for the quick reply. I went over to the suggestion box link you provided and added my FOR vote to the items listed as “Allow bulk (batch) adding of domains” and “Allow registering multiple domains at once.” Hope that covers it. :slight_smile:

DH support was also super quick to reply to my query, as well, so here’s the direct response from DreamHost Support, at least for now:

Unfortunately we don’t currently have any means to allow for bulk registrations or transfers. I apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you. Please don’t hesitate to write back if you need help with
anything else.

Thanks!
Michael S

Did you want to transfer multiple registrations over to them, or just add multiple domains to your account and point the nameservers here from where ever they’re registered?

I think both would be nice, but I don’t care as much about the registration part. I figure the unlimited domains probably attracts a few people that already have a bunch, so being able to do a bulk add (once they’re setup with their free domain) would help lure them in.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

i think both are equally important.

while my own immediate self-interest is for moving lots of registrations, i’d have to agree that if DH has to prioritize based upon what appeals to the largest population, enable bulk domain transfers first, then bulk registrations. that slows my own request down, but it probably does best reflect market-wide demand.