Bugzilla install problems

apps

To continue some recent discussion about Bugzilla, I’ve got the database and everything set up okay and have gotten to the second round of running checksetup.pl after editing it with my custom values (database user/pass etc).

It’s blowing up with some permission errors. Please note that I have set the web server group in the localconfig file to be my group, not ‘nobody’/‘apache’ or blank.

I’m not sure what the can’t stat error is, because data/template does in fact exist and is chmod 775.

Checking user setup …

Warning: you have entered a value for the “webservergroup” parameter
in localconfig, but you are not running this script as root.
This can cause permissions problems and decreased security. If you
experience problems running Bugzilla scripts, log in as root and re-run
this script, or remove the value of the “webservergroup” parameter.
Note that any warnings about “uninitialized values” that you may
see below are caused by this.

Removing existing compiled templates …
Can’t stat data/template: No such file or directory
[Mon Dec 6 22:17:37 2004] checksetup.pl: Can’t stat data/template: No such file or directory
Content-type: text/html

Software error:

mkdir data: Permission denied at /usr/lib/perl/5.6.1/Template/Provider.pm line 377

For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

[Mon Dec 6 22:17:37 2004] checksetup.pl: mkdir data: Permission denied at /usr/lib/perl/5.6.1/Template/Provider.pm line 377

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.mozilla.devel.webtools/8477

Tried this guy’s suggestions, no dice. (second article in the thread). I’ve also tried setting the web server group as my group.

I am facing the same issue. I can view the Bugzilla home page, have setup the mysql but cannot succesfully run the checksetup script the second time.

I tried setting the group to “”, but that didn’t help. Any advice from anybody who was able to succesfully setup Bugzilla on dreamhost?

I receive the error:

Removing existing compiled templates …
Can’t stat data/template: No such file or directory
[Thu Dec 16 05:13:20 2004] checksetup.pl: Can’t stat data/template: No such file or directory
Content-type: text/html

Software error:

mkdir data: Permission denied at /usr/lib/perl/5.6.1/Template/Provider.pm line 377

For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

[Thu Dec 16 05:13:20 2004] checksetup.pl: mkdir data: Permission denied at /usr/lib/perl/5.6.1/Template/Provider.pm line 377