Bugzilla 3.0.4

apps

I’ve seen reference to several other attempts to get Bugzilla working on the Dreamhost platform without success, but I thought I would give it a shot.

First, a note of success: I have Bugzilla successfully installed. It created the appropriate tables in the database without error or kludges. The only caveat is that you have to run Bugzilla in “insecure” mode when setting the web server group (as neither my user group “pg” nor the apache group “dhapache” are successful). The Bugzilla documents note:

“If you do not have access to the group your web server runs under, set this to “”. If you do set this to “”, then your Bugzilla installation will be VERY insecure, because some files will be world readable/writable, and so anyone who can get local access to your machine can do whatever they want.”

The next problem I have encountered appears related to the custom CPAN environment I’m having to work within. It doesn’t appear that Apache knows to look within my custom perl5 module directories for Email/Address.pm. I assume a custom SetEnv within the httpd.conf would need to be set to support this:

SetEnv PERL5LIB /home//lib/perl5:/usr/lib/perl5 or something similar.

What are the chances of bugzilla ever being officially (one-click) supported? Changes like the above making their way into the config? Email/Address.pm and other required modules being installed into the standard environment?

Did you solve the two problems you mentioned in your post? I am hung on the “can’t locate Email/Address.pm” issue.

Get Bugzilla 3.2rc1.

Setup on Dreamhost is a LOT easier.

See http://wiki.dreamhost.com/Bugzilla - the instructions for 3.2 have been added there recently.

And in response to the first post, which I hadn’t seen, setup on Dreamhost doesn’t work quite the way the docs included with Bugzilla say it should, because Dreamhost uses suexec, and the Bugzilla docs don’t take that into consideration. There is documentation for setting up Bugzilla which is specific to Dreamhost on the wiki (see my previous post)