Bought domain name and

I bought a domain name through a registrar other than dreamhost. I want the name re-directed to a page on my blog. Where is it that i make my changes at? Through Dreamhost or through registrar?

And is it DNS changes i am making or nameservers?

I’m confused about this. Please advise.

Groovy Vegetarian Blog

There are several ways of doing this, but since you’re hosting here at dreamhost, a pretty straightforward one is to change the nameservers for your new domain to dreamhost, then add hosting for that domain as a redirected domain, redirecting to the url for the page that you want to redirect to.

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for other Dreamhost coupons / promo codes

what are the nameservers for dreamhost? i cannot find it. i am gonna change the nameservers at my registrar.

do i then come back here to dh, and add the domain here? or not.

Groovy Vegetarian Blog

ns1.dreamhost.com
ns2.dreamhost.com
and
ns3.dreamhost.com

This link may help: http://wiki.dreamhost.com/Transfer_your_site_to_us

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit. Let me know if you want something else!

Yep, make it a redirected domain and set the URL appropriately. (to the page on your blog where you want it redirected)

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for other Dreamhost coupons / promo codes

thanxs alot guys, i got it re-directed and it works fine. i appreciate your help. i know now that one has to set the nameservers correct (from the registrar) then come to DH to do the re-direct.

finally got it. lol. thx!

Groovy Vegetarian Blog

\o/
yay!

Extra lifetime domain and $82 off with code [color=#CC0000]1DOM82[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Other Dreamhost coupon codes

High Five, Lens. We’re not complete idiots. We have parts missing.

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit. Let me know if you want something else!

LOL!

Extra lifetime domain and $82 off with code [color=#CC0000]1DOM82[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Other Dreamhost coupon codes