Bookmarklet

apps

Has anyone know of a site index (like Yahoo) program that uses Bookmarklets? I have used bookmarklets with Movable Type and it made it real easy to post a story. And I would love to have a site index program that used them. Right now I use MT to track sites, but would love to be to better organize them.

From Movable Type Docs:

After installing the bookmarklet, you can post from anywhere on the web. When viewing a page that you want to blog about, click the “Post to MT Blog” bookmarklet to open a popup window with a special Movable Type editing window. From that window you can select a blog to post the entry to, then enter you post, and publish.

Setting up a bookmarklet to post to Movable Type allows you to perform one-click posting and publishing without ever entering through the main Movable Type interface.

Movable Type’s bookmarklet structure allows you to customize the layout and fields on your bookmarklet page. For example, you may wish to add the ability to add excerpts through the bookmarklet window. By default, a bookmarklet window will always have: a pulldown menu for the blog to post to; a pulldown menu to select the Post Status (Draft or Publish) of the new entry; a text entry box for the Title of the entry; and a text entry box for the entry body.