Blogger integration into existing site

apps

Hello all.

I am relatively new to DreamHost and web design itself. I’ve got a site designed for a client, but I’m having trouble finding up-to-date information on how to integrate his existing Blogger blog into this new site.

If someone would be kind enough to instruct me on how to do so, I would very much appreciate it.

Kind regards,

CM

Do you want to import it or just link to it from the new site?

Ideally, I’d like to import it so it’s a part of the site and he can post at his leisure, rather than just linking it. Not sure if what I want to do is even possible, but worth asking, I’m sure.

Thank you for your quick response!

CM

WordPress has a build-in importer for Blogger (needs to be activated, but it is there under Tools).

If you built the new site on WordPress, you could import the content from his existing Blogger site to Wordpress. Images may not import, however.

Hm, I see. I built my site from scratch, so there’s no WP framework involved whatsoever. Is going through Wordpress my only option?

If you want your client to have the same kind of interaction and ability to update his site in the way that he has been with Blogger then you need to create it with a platform that he can use. WordPress is a good CMS because it is not that hard to learn and has a great and friendly user community.

I’ve converted all of my static sites to CMS sites (WordPress, Joomla, Drupal) so they can be maintained by their owners. There are themes for WordPress that help make it a bit easier to match and customize your site (Weaver II is one of them).

You can create a site using WordPress that has static Pages and the Blog (the part you’d import from Blogger).

You could also just keep parts of the site static and convert just his blog to WordPress and menu link to it from the static pages.

Thank you very much for your help! I’ll check out WordPress.

Cheers,

CM