Blingy service credit

Just an FYI for those following the problems on Blingy and the one month’s service credit promised in this Dreamhost blog post. My wife just received her service credit and Dreamhost said because things were so bad, they gave her a three month service credit! Did everyone get these?

Again, this is a nice example of Dreamhost coming through and making the best of a bad situation. Don’t get me wrong. I’m no apologist. It was a bad situation and she’s very glad to be out from under the worst of it and would have traded in the service credit for the month of Bluearc filer problems to have never happened.

Use the [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color] promo code for 3 extra lifetime domains and $50 off
More Dreamhost coupons here!

Yep.

3 months credit for the Blingies who toughed it out :slight_smile:

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

Nice!

My wife and I have been talking about the best way to use the service credit. I think that as long as you’re past the 97 day money-back period, the following are decent options:

1. Save the credits for the next renewal 9 months from now.
  2. Use them for domain name registrations she’s going to have over the next few months. (She doesn’t think she’s going to need any, though)
  3. Use them to upgrade to Dreamhost PS. (She doesn’t think she needs PS, though)
  4. Renew now on a one year or two year and both use the service credit and get credit for the unused portion of her current plan (8 months of it).

She’d thinks the renew now plan makes some financial sense - especially the one year since that would net out to $9.95 if she acted in the next week. On the other hand, since she was on the Blingy cluster, she’s still not sure she’s going to stay since she hasn’t actually experienced a nice quiet period of good performance. And since she’s not sure she’s going to stay, she’s hesitant to renew.

Use the [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color] promo code for 3 extra lifetime domains and $50 off

Her apprehensions are understandable. She may have to toss a coin to decide!

Speaking of gambling, I think I’ll hang around in hope the law of averages kicks in to our benefit. We’ve already had some percentage of downtime, Blingy’s software has been patched, and they’ve let it’s belt loose a coupla notches with the data moves plus the additional new storage added last week. And hey, even without taking the odds of another Blingyfest happening into consideration, $10 for a year’s hosting is a pretty sweet deal.

Where can I see if I got credited - I did send a support ticket asking for the credit but I can’t see anything on my account.

$50 Discount 1LUCID50 Sign up now

In Panel > Billing > View Invoices

If you’re in credit your Balance Due total with be enclosed with (parentheses).

If you were already in credit and can’t recall by how much you could check that the credit was applied to your account by looking in Support History to see if you received the generic notification from DH informing you that your account was indeed credited.

Sorry one more question - as its related I thought it best not to start another thread and have people jump on it and complain about DH…

Most people seem to be saying they got 3 months, I seem to have only gotten 1 month (9.99). Now those people who got 3 months are they on say a 3 year pre paid plan?

We’re on a 1 year plan and this is our first year - I also got in just before the $97 was changed so to be honest I’m basically looking at a year where hosting has been free. I’m not going to complain but obviously I wouldn’t mind more free money :smiley:

No, my wife is on a one-year prepaid.

Here’s what it says in “Billing>View Invoices” in her panel:

Same here. I’m a coupla months into a 1 year plan…

I didn’t get here quick enough for those “$97 off” deals, but taking into account the extras from a promocode, and after receiving this Blingyfest credit, I reckon it’s cost somewhere in the vicinity of $10 for a year’s hosting.

Looks like your account credit was processed by someone manually and they only gave you credit for one month, I credited you for 2 more.

:o

OMG - now I am unbelievably impressed - thank you DH :slight_smile:

Big two thumbs up from me

hahaha, somebody once said, here comes daddy

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

Now my only minor query is how long can I keep the credit on my account for. I signed up in Dec 2007 - can I keep the credit on there until Dec this year and use it for my next year?

It’s credit, you can use it whenever you like.