Billing

Hello. Last night I purchased 12 months of CDI with the December 7th anniversary code, lowering the price to about 10$ for the year. I paid and it said everything was done, I was emailed a confirmation and everything, but now my account says roughly 100$ is due, and my account is (still) disabled. What’s up?

Thanks

I recently upgraded and it took a while, a day perhaps, for the billing to be reflected on the web panel. Perhaps waiting a few hours more will do the trick.
I’m not familiar with that code - do you really mean the bottom line is $10 for a year of CDI, rather than the normal approx. $119?

TorbenGB
Try out DreamHost with a free WebIDPrices, options

Yes, the total for the year was about 10$. But, on the panel, it says:

Total Amount Due: $119.40
Username/Account: omlette / “omlette’s Account”

Do you have a link where that promo is?

According to the DH site and the emails I received, the December sale is for triple bandwidth for the life of your account. The CDI pricing remains at $9.95/mo, not per year. That works out to the $119.40 they’re invoicing you for.

I don’t know if I should give out the promo code, but I assure you it reduces the total price for the year to 10$~. In fact, here is the email receipt I got (I prepaid for 1 year)

================================

Subject: DreamHost Payment Receipt

This is an email receipt for your recent payment you just made through
https://panel.dreamhost.com/billing/

Time: 2004-12-20 17:20:09
Transaction ID: [edit]
Amount: $9.24 (USD)
Applied to Account #: [edit]
Pay Method: [edit]

Thank you for your payment! We appreciate your business!

Good for you, then.

The only advice I can give is to contact support through the webpanel and let them know about the problem.

In the last year I’ve had two incorrect invoices sent to me and when I pointed it out to them they apologized and cleaned up my account.

I found that promo code… a real bargain that should expose a lot of people to how good Dreamhost is. At the end of the promo year, I bet many will be more than happy to pay the full price.

If it’s not a billing error, the only other thing I can think of is that the promo is supposedly limited to the first 777 new users to respond… if you were 778, you might be out of luck.

Nope, everything went through fine – it even said it had deducted the rebate from the total, and I “securely paid” 10$~, I even had access to all of the cpanel features for a short time. However, now it says I have not paid $100~ and that the account is disabled, leaving me with only a few barebones features. I sent in a support ticket, but so far no response (aside from an automated copy of my receipt!).

Oh no. I might end up in the same boat as you. I just signed on using that promo and all is fine, right now. How long was it before they disabled your account? Have you heard anything else?

It took a few hours, maybe a day, before the account was disabled. However, I sent in a support ticket and they fixed everything up! =)

[quote]Reply written by sarah (Dec 21st, 2004 - 18:30:16 / #3640736)

Re: Billing / Account setup Issues

Hello,

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004, you wrote:

[quote]Hello. Last night I purchased 12 months of CDI with the December 7th
anniversary code (777), lowering the price to about 10$ for the year. I
paid and it said everything was done, I was emailed a confirmation and
everything, but now my account says roughly 100$ is due, and my account
is (still) disabled. What’s up?

[/quote]

Okay I took a look and your account wasn’t set up all of the way. I went
ahead and approved it and now you just have to add a user from the
user->user section of https://panel.dreamhost.com and then add hosting
for your domain from the doman->add domain section.

If you need anything else just let us know.

Thanks,
Sarah[/quote]

I’m so glad they fixed eveything for you;-) So far so good with me. I only signed up because of that deal. I just left Cyberpixels.com because of bad service and wanted to try something new, but I didn’t want to pay a fortune. So the first thing that came to mind was, “Oh no! Not again!” I don’t want to do service with another company that doesn’t honor their word. Anyway, I’m glad things worked out and hopefully I won’t have any problems, either.

yea i di the same promo, so far so good, other then my ftp problem ( posted obove) :slight_smile: