Billing Calculation for overage Bandwith

Hi,
I dont understand the Billing Calculation for overage Bandwith.
On the seperate Domains you write that the highest Day is deleted and you make the average from the other days.
so far so good. When i click on a domain that indeed is true. The highest day is red and it’s bandwith is deleted. OK.
But on the bandwith overall stats my total CYCLE ESTIMATE includes ALL Bandwith. also the ones that are red and should not be counted :frowning:
HELP

?

Considering that “Cycle Estimate” is a projection, not a hard measurement of use, it doesn’t matter that it includes all bandwidth. You could be slashdotted one day, and think that day will be deleted, well you can’t estimate that you’ll be slashdotted again (but not yet) and have that day deleted instead.

Cylce Estimate = Bandwidth Consumed / Days Passed * Days in a Billing Cycle

E.g., 0.189 consumed / 16 days so far * 30 = 0.289 estimate

You’re real gripe is that the Bandwidth Status panel does not reflect the fact that there is now “Total Bandwidth” and “Billing Total Bandwidth”, it is still geared toward “Total Bandwidth” only, making the “Estimated Overage charges” bit misleading.

Edit: at the time I wrote this, i did not check whether or not “Total” reflected billable bandwidth or actual bandwidth

:cool: Perl / MySQL / HTML CSS

" Cylce Estimate = Bandwidth Consumed / Days Passed * Days in a Billing Cycle "

So you mean, after the total month (billing period) i get billed only for the average of all days (without the highest)?
So i really do not have to pay the esitmation but a little bit less?

[quote]So you mean, after the total month (billing period) i get billed only for the average of all days (without the highest)?
So i really do not have to pay the esitmation but a little bit less?[/quote]

1. Edit: No, no averaging is done
  2. Hold on!

At the bottom of the panel, I see this:
Bandwidth by plan, start date - end date, # days
A. Total
B. Cycle Estimate
C. Included
D. Overage Cost
E. Est. Charges

Now, what you claim is that Cycle Estimate includes actual bandwidth, not billable bandwidth.
However, that would only be true if Total reflects actual bandwidth, because
Cycle Estimate = Total / # days * 30
Est. Charges = (Cycle Estimate - Included) * Overage Cost

I haven’t actually gone through my own account yet to see if Total reflects actual bandwidth or billable bandwidth. This can be done though - simply click on each domain and see what it says the total billing bandwidth is, and then add these up. If this sum equals Total, then Total reflects billing bandwidth, not actual bandwidth, and the Est. Charges will be the amount you have to pay!

On the last day, ie the 30th day:

Cycle Estimate = Total / 30 * 30

The / 30 * 30 cancels out, leaving
Est. Charges = (Total - Included) * Overage Cost

:cool: Perl / MySQL / HTML CSS

yeah thats the problem i mentioned!

if i add all the paytotals for each domain (those numbers that have the highest day deducted) i have less then my Total is! But This total is beeing used to calculate my overage fees :frowning:
Can any dreamhost worker make hese things clear? :frowning:

??? :frowning: