Billing after use of promotion?

I am thinking about signing up for Dreamhost using a promotional code so I can have one year for 10 dollars or thereabouts. If I use such a code will I only be billed 10 dollars for the next year, or will I be billed the standard rate?

Thanks.

After your plan period has finished, if you wish to maintain your hosting at DreamHost, you will need to pay the full plan cost.

The promo codes are a way for you to sample all the features of DreamHost hosting cheaply for the first year (or 2 years if you decide on a 2 year plan).

The promo codes can also be used to eliminate the setup fee and provide a small discount if you choose to pay monthly.

Pay just [color=#CC0000]$22.40[/color] for 1 year Dreamhost hosting, use promo-code [color=#CC0000]MOJO97[/color]
Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all 1 and 2 year plans!! (Max saving on monthly plans too!!)

so i had to pay full payment after 1 year usage?

that so expensive… T_T

You think so?

After 12 Months on the Level 1 plan, to purchase the next twelve months you would be looking at $119.40 or $9.95 per month. For this you would receive 28GB of space and 1.4TB/Month traffic (after your weekly additions), together with unlimited hosted domains, unlimited SQL databases and all the other standard features of DreamHost. Not to mention the ‘free’ domain registration for the life of the hosting.

I’d say that was pretty good value and I doubt you’ll find the same cheaper elsewhere.

Also, DreamHost has a very good referral scheme. If you can refer one just person to DreamHost during your first year you could earn a $97 referral reward, reducing the effective cost of your hosting to just $22.40 :slight_smile:

Pay just [color=#CC0000]$22.40[/color] for 1 year Dreamhost hosting, use promo-code [color=#CC0000]MOJO97[/color]
Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all 1 and 2 year plans!! (Max saving on monthly plans too!!)

• I’m not thread starter

since the question subject are the same i just follow this thread…

so the 120$ after promo already included w/ domain extend?
I’m interested to sign up to & probably use your referall/promo code.

Yes, you get the ‘free’ domain registration when you first sign-up and if you decide to stay after your initial plan duration, the renewal for that domain is included in the plan cost. The domain remains ‘free’ for as long as you host with DreamHost.

Feel free to use the promo-code, thats why it is in my sig :slight_smile:

hello I’m here asking question again before make my final decision…
are dreamhost only limited to US residence?
because I’m not US Residence…
n what should I write in box before Promo code?

yay…
thank you mojo and other ppl help me…
My account in Dreamhost in finally done :smiley: (I registered only for 22.40$ hahahaha)
but my account is still pending… :frowning:

You are more than welcome. :slight_smile:

Congratulations and welcome to DreamHost!

I know that when I first saw the $97 discounts, I thought ‘there must be a catch’, but I heven’t come across one yet, just damn good hosting for an unbeatable price. :slight_smile:

how long dreamhost gonna approve my account :frowning:

This account is currently pending approval.

If you’ve already made payment, please just wait one business day… thanks!

This account is currently pending approval.

If you’ve already made payment, please just wait one
business day… thanks!

it’s been 3 days since the first day i registered

Submit a support request via the panel (Support -> Contact Support) and ask what is causing the delay. Others have reported that this sometimes speeds the approval process.

I am not sure why some accounts are approved almost immediately, while others take forever.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

I’m gonna do that tomorrow it’s 2AM already
btw how to quote a reply?

You will find that information in the forum FAQs.

Simon Jessey | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]

what now…?
they disabling my account?

I mail them already…
no reply yet… :frowning:

finally.
after more than a week they activate my account.

I’m so relief now… ^^v

Congratulations and welcome to DreamHost :slight_smile:

It is a pity that your introduction to DreamHost wasn’t as smooth as it could have been, but I think you’ll find it was worth the trouble.

Did DreamHost happen to tell you what the problem was and why they disabled your account?

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

yeah… there’s a problem w/ the payment (it always happen when I use my Credit card :frowning: )

but they should tell me sooner (they notice me in day 4th)
after Print & scan the Credit Card Authorization & mail it to them
everything is just fine… :slight_smile:

Thank you :cool:

Yeah, 4 days does seem a little long to be notified.

In my experience, most accounts are approved and active very quickly, but it does seem that when a problem occurs, such as the one experienced by yourself, the DreamHost billing department is a little slow in getting things sorted.

Mark

this is very interesting. so you mean I only have to pay $22.40 for a FULL year of hosting if I use one of your “$97 off” promo codes?

BUT

1. will I still have the space amount of space as offered in the Level 1 plan? Meaning the 20gb and other features? even though I only paid $22.40?

2. I can’t pay $119.40 after my 1 year hosting is over. honestly. When you convert that amount to our currency, it will costs me A LOT and I am still a student . So question, can I terminate my account after that? I’m afraid that DH will still continue on charging the credit card I’m going to use even though I already asked them to terminate my account. I hope you understand what I mean. lol. it’s a little hard for me to explain. But if you have time, you may want to explain how CC billing works. Are there chances that they have the ability to continue on charging my CC even though, as i’ve stated above, I want my account to be terminated? I’m just worried because I’ve never used this method before… I hope you can enlighten me.

Thank you so much!

Let me answer that question

[quote]this is very interesting. so you mean I only have to pay $22.40 for a FULL year of hosting if I use one of your “$97 off” promo codes?

BUT

1. will I still have the space amount of space as offered in the Level 1 plan? Meaning the 20gb and other features? even though I only paid $22.40?[/quote]
    Yup…

yes you can terminate it.

nope they will not charge it, they will ask it first
unless you set the billing to automatic rebill.

ow yeah btw I’m also still a student.