Biggest DH-hosted sites?

Hey guys,

I am thinking about switching to DreamHost. My current host I am having issues with - they disabled one of my forums (which only had 20 users and about 250 posts on it) because my whole account was using more then 10% of the shared server CPU. I own about 5 forums, the most popular one has 80 members and 2,500 posts. I also own about 10 websites, but only one or two get a few thousdand uniques a day.

I’m just wondering if I should switch to DH, or if I will have the same problems here as I did with my last host (CPU usage.) It’s not like my forums or anything are big, I only have about 5 and none of them are huge and they’re either powered by IPB 1.3 or MyBB 1.x (both legit and good forum softwares.)
What are your opinions, should I switch to DH?
I’ve already been through 5 webhosts since July 2003, so I’m really not all that crazed about moving to yet another host knowing I’ll probably have problems with them and have to move to a 7th, 8th, 9th, etc. host down the line.

Also: are there any REALLY big websites/forums that you guys know of that are on the DreamHost shared server? I’d just like to see about how big I can expect to develop before I might have to buy a dedicated server somewhere someday.

Thanks,
Andy

That’s the largest I’ve seen and it’s my own :slight_smile: happylittlethings.com

That said, I’ve been just under the limits and I am thinking about going dedicated over the summer. I think you will face the same problem here as with your old host. In fact, you will probably face that problem with any host you go to unless it’s dedicated.

digitalrundown.com
Promo Code: WJD97 - $97.00 off any new DreamHost plan (except month-month payments).

Hmm, well - I’m not really familiar with server hardware or anything, but here’s what I can tell you about the server (via Cpanel) that I am on right now:

Kernel: 2.4.21-37.0.1.ELsmp
Machine: i686
Apache: 1.3.34 (Unix)
PERL: 5.8.7
PHP: 4.4.2

Is that comparible to DH?