Big Problem

Hi folks! I’ve got this domain: www.amug.puglia.it but your system tell me to add first puglia.it because it see www.amug.puglia.it like a subdomain.
how can i resolve this porblem? i don’t own puglia.it because in Italy regional names are registered by ours NIC.

As a workaround, you can add puglia.it to your account and then delete the hosting for it. It won’t really harm anything for the moment.

You could also just submit a ticket to support about this. I don’t think they’re totally aware of all the subdomains that allow/require independent hosting - like co.uk, etc.

Do let us know what support says about this, as it will be very helpful to others who want to host similar domains.

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for other Dreamhost coupons / promo codes

but i can’t set ns for puglia.it. i still waiting a reply from the support…

In the workaround, you don’t need to. You’re just adding it to your account as a workaround. Nothing will point to it.

But having it there in your account will allow you to add the subdomain amug.puglia.it to your account.

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for other Dreamhost coupons / promo codes

i’ve got this error from the system registar:

amug.puglia.it

Domain: amug.puglia.it
Server: ns1.dreamhost.com
Query type: ANY

Error:Name server do not responding

You cant set up this name server

i can’t setup ns for the subdomain amug.puglia.it, it must be a domain…

You don’t need to set up a nameserver for puglia.it

Just go into the Panel -> Manage Domains -> and create a Fully Hosted Domain called puglia.it

You don’t need to actually have it work, but DreamHost can’t set up a subdomain such as amug.puglia.it until puglia.it exists.

For me, MYDOMAIN.com works because dreamhost already has .com setup and we can set up anything under .com.

-Scott

Good instructions, I don’t know these before.

Use O97 coupon to get $97 off on DreamHost
[color=#00CC00]Another hosting I recommend.[/color]

yeah, but in my registar pane when i put ns1.dreamhost.com for www.amug.puglia.it (it isn’t a subdomain) the system report that dreamhost ns doesn’t reply…

So first things first:

1. Let us know when you get a reply from support. It’s important that you don’t do anything in contradiction to what they recommend if they’re going to solve your problem the right way.
  2. Make sure you’ve added puglia.it to your hosting account. Remember, this is the workaround.
  3. Add amug.puglia.it to your hosting account as a subdomain of puglia.it
  4. If you want to be neat and tidy, delete the hosting for puglia.it. Don’t delete puglia.it, use the “delete” button in the middle column, not the far right column!

Have you done any or all of that? It would be helpful to know what you’ve done so that we know what further advice to provide.

Are you actually a person - or is this a bot acting on this forum?

the responses you seem to launch look very familiar to me.

IAmAtMyWitsEnd aka promoCodeSLAYER

i do it, but i can’t set up the ns so i’ve set up the dns manually… it’s boring :frowning:

they have setting it for me. thanks to level 2 assistance. i’m not a bot, i only have some problem in my family.
now i can’t access to my db for an error in the httpd config…

IAmAtMyWitsEnd was actually referring to WHJunkie’s post, not you!