read to pay. You can wait up to 60 days after your renewal date to pay
the full price (instead of $40 then $80) if you prefer, even. However, if
you require more than 60 days, you will need to request an extension. I
went ahead and set your account so that you are guaranteed up to June 20,
2008 before your account will be suspended. Good luck and let me know if
I can help with anything else :).

Thanks!
Jeffrey M[/quote]

Seems all good, right? Not really. I paid $20 to keep my account alive for another month and asked if it was all good, however I got this:

[quote]Hi Anthony,

Your account will be active until 2008-04-19 per the Manage Account page:
[/quote]

So I paid and my account is still going down in THREE days? :-\

I don’t think you have a “big problem”. It looks to me as though you didn’t read the first support message you received very carefully, or that you just didn’t understand it. :wink: I paid $20 to keep my account alive for another month and asked if it was all good … [/quote]Paying the $20.00 had nothing to do with “keeping your account alive” for another month - as the support representative told you:

"You can pay in any increments you like as our system simply stores the positive balance as one big pool of money until your
read to pay. You can wait up to 60 days after your renewal date to pay the full price… "

So, you could have paid nothing, $20.00, $40.00, or even $119.00 (one dollar less than what you would owe fro the next year, assuming your $120 number is correct) and it would make no difference - you have a 60 day grace period from your expiration/renewal date within which to pay entire amount that is due. Whatever you have already paid is credited, so you could pay in pieces if you want, but you don’t have to.

[quote]however I got this:

"Hi Anthony,

Your account will be active until 2008-04-19 per the Manage Account page:" [/quote]
That sounds like an “automated ‘your account is about to expire’ warning” that just makes no mention of the “grace period” DreamHost has already told you exists.

In fact, per the support representative, he has already “extended” that grace period for you all the way up until June 20th:

So I think you are “OK”, but if you are worried about it, you should write support again and ask for them to clarify it for you :wink:

–rlparker

Well I had asked this:

and then got the ‘your account will expire on May 20th 08’. So I’m just worried. I wrote support again asking to clarify and hopefully my account won’t expire. Even if it’s just until May. I have a positive balance of $20.60 so I don’t know.

I just want to make sure that my site won’t go blank on Saturday. :stuck_out_tongue:

Did you change to “monthly” payments or something?

–rlparker

I’m not sure what you meant by this. Your account anniversary date is April 19th, right? I’m not sure whether you’re talking about what you see on your “Manage Account” page vs. what you’re being told by individuals in support.

Use the [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color] promo code for 3 extra lifetime domains and $50 off
More Dreamhost coupons here!

The OP can reply for sure, but I think the OP is confusing the question of making incremental payments into their account vs. actually paying for an one year hosting plan from that account.

To the OP: If you’re really super-concerned, you can switch yourself from an annual plan to a monthly plan. That might fit better with your cash flow situation. As downsides you’d be paying about a dollar extra per month and might also end up with a different hosting plan - though that may not be a problem for you since the plans have mostly just gotten better over time.

Use the [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color] promo code for 3 extra lifetime domains and $50 off
More Dreamhost coupons here!

That could be true, I’m just guessing what might have happened from his posts … the correct place for him to get all this sorted is with support. :wink:

–rlparker

Yes, “Expire” does indeed sound like a death knell. I can almost picture the DH Reaper. Bony arm outstretched. Beckoning.

Replace “Expire” with “Is Due”: Once your account “Is Due” your grace period will commence.

Your site shouldn’t go blank for quite a few Saturdays yet :wink:

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

Sorry, I did make some mistakes up there. Too many to go back and change now. :stuck_out_tongue:

But sXi said what I wanted to hear. I just wanted to make sure that the Expiration Date wasn’t the end game.

I was just getting mixed answers from the boards and support.

[quote]Your hosting plan will automatically renew on Saturday for another
year. Once your hosting plan renews the credit on your account will be
used towards your account balance. Your hosting plan renewal fee is
$119.40 per year so your balance due after the credit is applied will be
$98.80. From Saturday,
you will have a 60 day grace period for you to make a payment to your
account, however, we ask that you please make a payment as soon as
possible. If you have not made a payment in 60 days for your current
balance, your account will be suspended for non-payment and all services
will be disabled. Should you need any further time to pay your account
balance, please let me know. If you need anything else, please do not
hesitate to write to me again.