Best plugin for wordpress optimization?

I am facing lots of issues in optimizing my WordPress site. So, please can anyone suggest me plugin.

What are you trying to optimize it for? Also, what specific issues are you facing? The more detailed a question you ask, the better the responses you will get.

Each plugin responds in a different way, you have to test some plugins to get the best for your project. I’ve optimized this Apk Mod Baixar site recently and I’m still working on it.

Two tools to help you:
GTmetrix
Pingdom Tools

As others have said, optimization is a HUGE topic that requires a lot of reading, focus in specific areas, and some time in the school of hard knocks. :slight_smile: However, having been in that position, and having spent a LOT of time in this area, I can tell you where I have arrived…

Let’s break down a few of the key areas: Server-side computation, network transport, and client-side rendering.

On the server you want fast processing. This is helped with fast disk, lots of RAM, multi-core CPU, fast database access, PHP7, caching, and you want to reduce the amount of code that is being executed.

Many people say “use fewer plugins”, but I suggest “run less code”, which is not the same. Do try to minimize plugin usage to what’s required to server your audience. Extra code means extra server processing and that makes pages a little slower to load. But you can have 20 small plugins running, providing features you really want and need, with less server impact than some of the hefty popular plugins like JetPack. One step in site optimization is to try to run your site with as few plugins as possible, and slowly activate one at a time until you find performance is impacted. Get a plugin that shows you current memory usage and watch what happens when you go to specific pages. This can be VERY educational. I’ve found really greedy plugins that were hogging resources for no good reason. This is often because they’re poorly written (most people who publishes a plugin thinks their code is great) or they’re doing things in the background that you might want them to do anyway.

Again, on plugins you want and need, some plugins are nice to have but do they really add value to your offering? I’m thinking of things like testimonials, author biographies, page revisions, sliders, hero banner images, videos, and dynamic maps with lots of points of interest. Also think about how many articles you display in summary on a single page, and for an eCommerce site, think about how many products you’re displaying on a single page. If you remove or limit one of these features and the site shows significant improvement, ask yourself and your client if it’s really worth the performance impact to show more data. This is where the challenge of optimization becomes a business concern, not technical. If you have a client that wants all of these cool features but you find their site is running too slowly because of it, don’t feel like it’s your responsibility to make it all run faster. You’re facing physical limits. Don’t beat your head against the wall. Consider a business policy where sites with a limited number of features can be hosted in shared space, but you mandate that larger site use a VPS and even larger ones use a dedicated server.

In shared space there is a limit of the total memory used by a given site. You may find that your site starts to show stress with just a few clients/browsers actively hitting your site at the same time. Adjust your PHP settings to use as much memory as shared space allows, but beware the dreaded server monitor which kills processes that are over-consuming resources. This was a huge source of pain for me, see below.

For transport you want to minimize the size of the payloads, while packing as much as you can into each request to reduce the overall number of requests, and spread out assets across multiple servers.

For the client side, you want to get the page to render a basic structure as quickly as possible so that the user knows it’s working, and populate details afterward. This is accomplished by putting scripts and perhaps other resources at the bottom of the HTML block. This doesn’t change how fast the page loads. This improves the user’s perception of site performace, which is the ultimate goal.

If you look at my posts from about 2017 to 2018 you’ll see many posts from me about server optimization and the pain I’ve gone through here. You’ll also find some great feedback from our DreamHost colleagues. I did as much as I could to tune my sites in shared space, but the best thing I ever did here was to move my sites to DreamCompute where I could dedicate resources to specific applications without conflict from other DH clients in the same shared server. This is a huge undertaking. If you are just starting you might consider the VPS offering here as your next step from shared hosting.

To find some more help in these areas, I’ve tried a number of plugins, and eventually found the company WPMU DEV. They provide a number of well-maintained plugins, and really excellent Support for all things WordPress. Their forums are full of site developers and technicians who spend all of their time in WordPress. I have a yearly subscription with them and for me it’s totally worth it. So I get my hosting here at DreamHost, but I get my WP-specific support from WPMUDEV.

One of their plugins is Smush Pro. It automatically compresses images, making them faster to transfer and load. It also automatically sends these images to an external CDN which is yet more optimization.

Another plugin there is Hummingbird Pro. It scans your site looking for ways to help optimize it, then provides file compression, repackaging of assets into single files, caching, CDN support, and it helps to move scripts and styles to the bottom of pages. It also helps to cache your RSS, which for some sites may be a significant source of hits that affect live site visitors. It provides special performance testing for mobile clients. And it includes Uptime Monitoring which watches your site for down conditions and slow page loads, to warn you about where the site could use some attention.

You can find these plugins here and in the WordPress.org plugin repo.

Those are just two plugins from a single source. No one plugin will do everything for you. You need to try different plugins, get the best from each, and try to ensure there’s no duplication of effort, which ultimately may slow things down. For example, you can use other caching plugins, and disable just the caching features in Hummingbird.

I hope that helps. This forum is OK but it isn’t a great source of WP-specific feedback. Find a home for that where you’re comfortable. (I gotta say, the WPMU DEV forums are awesome!) The WP.org forums are also very helpful. Don’t be afraid to ask plugin authors for help if you think their plugin is running slowly. You could be helping them to find a simple issue. And share what you’ve found with others, as I’ve done here. This adds to the value we get by doing business with DreamHost.