I want to make sure my concept is right before I start. I would appreciate any advice.
I want to give my customer a form so she can upload PDF files to a webpage. Please bear with me if what I am stating is the obvious.
- She will need FTP access into a password protected folder to hold the PDF’s.
- I would like to make this as simple as possible so she would need a form and type the PW and ID to get into it.
- I think I could find a file upload script so that she would browse for her files and upload them to the folder.
- I need a template in which she could (a) specify some text as to a new uploaded file’s description. (b) link to the new file. I guess this text is passed to a variable and displayed on the page.
- I’m not sure how the links on the xhtml page gets updated to reflect replacement or new files.
There must be examples of this sort of thing, but I can’t find them. Any helpful comments would be appreciated.